2021 Jets

redmaninalbany post=448895 said:
..that was one of the worst calls, even  for a team with a long history of bad coaching calls.
of course their record doesnt matter much, so evenignoring the “right” play was to get a field goal, go up 7 etc….but to raise morale and set a mark of improvement he went for it…fine. but then, after so many decent runs by backs and catches by  receivers, he does a QB sneak???????   What fantasy world is he in to go right into the heart of the Tampa defense with Wilson….at least let him run outside with the option to pass if you had to create something different. It was just bizarre. glad I didnt watch much this year.

Yes didn't mind going for it but it was the play call. Actually it may have been a smart call if you wanted to lose to maneuver for a higher draft pick.

Saleh said after the game the play was supposed to be a handoff to Berrios who was in motion.  If you look at the replay, if they did, they would have gotten the first down or maybe a TD.  It was open the direction Berrios was going.  Growing pains for Wilson.

Last edited:
Brady did the "Jest" a favor by beating them and keeping the hope of the third draft pick alive.  Next week's game is for 3rd to 5th pick only

The Jets were 14.5 point underdogs. They put a real scare into Tampa. I see some good young players on this team with two high first and second round picks in the draft. I attended my first Jet game 45 years ago so I have no illusions that things will work out but I am cautiously optimistic we are heading in the right direction. One bonehead play that helped our draft position was not what I took out of yesterdays game which was a lot of fun to watch.

Andrew post=448929 said:
The Jets were 14.5 point underdogs. They put a real scare into Tampa. I see some good young players on this team with two high first and second round picks in the draft. I attended my first Jet game 45 years ago so I have no illusions that things will work out but I am cautiously optimistic we are heading in the right direction. One bonehead play that helped our draft position was not what I took out of yesterdays game which was a lot of fun to watch.

I agree. The Jets are one of the youngest teams in the NFL. They have some good young talent that needs time to develop. Having said that, this year's draft, with 2 picks in the top 10, is a very important one for GM Douglas. If he fails to deliver two players that are ready to step in and contribute right away, his tenure will be very short. His biggest priority needs to be the offensive line.

If I was a jet fan I'd be ecstatic. You have a couple of very good potential pieces I think Carter and Moore have tons of potential. Even Wilson looking a little better I'd rather have Wilson than our Duke QB. Plus losing now = winning for the draft

[attachment=2410]78E6CA49-85E7-4DF0-BEDD-29581BF9C188.jpeg[/attachment]

Back