Dingle/Ledlum court case

Lawsuit says Dingle is continuing his undergraduate studies. Kid has been in college for five years. What gives?

Lawsuit says Dingle is continuing his undergraduate studies. Kid has been in college for five years. What gives?
chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

Do we know when a judge is expected to take this up

I don’t know how fast return dates for Preliminary Injunctions are in Queens County but in counties in Upstate New York you could expect the application for a Preliminary Injunction to move very quickly.

On the bright side the law firm representing Ledlum and Dingle is high quality. The application being venued in Queens County should equate to home court advantage.

Regardless of who else is on its roster this coming season StJ’s will be a better team with Dingle and Ledlum on it. I hope they both get the right to put on the StJ’s uniform again.

Just so everybody is clear on this Dingle could have returned to Penn last year and played.

Because he withdrew from school altogether in 20-21 and therefore had only 3 academic years at Penn by 2023, not 4 like Ledlum at Harvard.

He chose to transfer for his 4th year.

Ledlum graduated from Harvard with a year left of eligibility so he had no choice but to transfer if he wanted to play one more year of college basketball.

We won 20 games with them. The metrics were good enough. Not making the tournament was more of the committee and bid stealers doing .I would take them back in a heartbeat.
I would say the three biggest reasons we didn't win more than 20 games were:

1) Dingle taking 3/4 of the season to get comfortable here
2) Luis dealing with a nagging shin splint injury, limiting his effectiveness, ability to practice, and fitting into the flow of the offense
3) Soriano going into a prolonged regression after being double and tripled teamed because he was our main weapon early on (who was killing it)

A healthy Luis, returning Ledlum and Dingle, plus strong gets in the portal, improved returnees, and this could be a 25-27 win team.

2) Luis dealing with a nagging shin splint injury, limiting his effectiveness, ability to practice, and fitting into the flow of the offense
3) Soriano going into a prolonged regression after being double and tripled teamed because he was our main weapon early on (who was killing it)

A healthy Luis, returning Ledlum and Dingle, plus strong gets in the portal, improved returnees, and this could be a 25-27 win team.
People forget Dingle was also injured preseason with a shoulder injury. Then you add the COVID stuff. Truly a worst case scenario season for him for most of it, but he rallied back in February.

I think there is a good shot that they can win with that firm at the helm. I am just curious to see how this is enforced - we have the NCAA a national entity and we have this case in Queens court at the state level. I am wondering why this was not brought in federal court. I guess they can Remove it to federal court but not sure how a favorable Queens opinion is enforced. I don't practice in this area so I am not sure.

Beasty your glasses are even rosey than mine I would be happy with 22-25

I don’t know how fast return dates for Preliminary Injunctions are in Queens County but in counties in Upstate New York you could expect the application for a Preliminary Injunction to move very quickly.

On the bright side the law firm representing Ledlum and Dingle is high quality. The application being venued in Queens County should equate to home court advantage.

Regardless of who else is on its roster this coming season StJ’s will be a better team with Dingle and Ledlum on it. I hope they both get the right to put on the StJ’s uniform again.

Jackson Lewis is almost exclusively, if not exclusively, a law firm in employment matters representing Employers/management not employees. This is interesting, if they are representing Ledlum and 'Dingle, as Otis's post suggests. Jackson Lewis is 'quality' in many people's opinion, but I think they cave too often and are looking to settle good employer-side cases too quickly. But of course, here they are on the "employee side" (sort of).

Last edited:
I think there is a good shot that they can win with that firm at the helm. I am just curious to see how this is enforced - we have the NCAA a national entity and we have this case in Queens court at the state level. I am wondering why this was not brought in federal court. I guess they can Remove it to federal court but not sure how a favorable Queens opinion is enforced. I don't practice in this area so I am not sure.
Queens County is definitely, the old 'home court advantage' play.

Jurisdictionally, I am wondering too if this case belongs in Federal Court (less of a plaintiffs' home court advantage there). It may be it is venued in Queens County to put pressure on the NCAA and to move the case as quickly as possible.

It will be interesting to watch.

These temporary 'relief' cases are generally won or lost on the first substantive hearing by the Court/Judge and many times never go any further, because that preliminary ruling is usually the "handwriting on the wall" as to who is the winner and who is the loser.

Jackson Lewis is almost exclusively, if not exclusively, a law firm in employment matters representing Employers/management not employees. This is interesting, if they are representing Ledlum and 'Dingle, as Otis's post suggests. Jackson Lewis is 'quality' in many people's opinion, but I think they cave too often and are looking to settle good employer-side cases too quickly. But of course, here they are on the "employee side" (sort of).
Jackson Lewis has a good rep have worked on few roles for them in the past.

I just checked the docket. Both sides asked to have the tro hearing today at 2:30 (virtually), so we may know something this afternoon.

Edit: though that was filed a few days ago and I see nothing form the court. I don’t know state court (and particularly queens) well, so not sure what’s going on.

I have mediated many cases involving Jackson Lewis. They do not cave. Tough litigators who aggressively represent their clients. Our players are well represented.

Back