Wusu discussion

I like Wusu as 6th man spark off the bench. Posh seemed to shoot well in the DR and everyone is saying he has worked hard on his three point shot in the off-season. I would start Curbelo, Posh, Jones , Stanley and Soriano.
Where would you use Storr who is probably rated higher then everyone else except Curbelo, out of HS?

Was Pinzon kidnapped? No mention in this thread from what I saw. Better upside at off guard than most listed.
I know that many have been touting PINZON for quite some time but I have yet to see what he brings to the table. His lateral movement is limited, defense suspect he’s not very quick and his shooting is nothing to write home about. He certainly didn’t distinguish himself in the DR games either. Where’s the upside?

JR, HS rankings are relevant for recruiting purposes but once recruited only performance matters. He's got to show it on the court and hope he does and believe he will, but Wusu and Mathis have already shown they can compete at BE level. If you just look at HS rankings Champ would never have started for us.

JR, HS rankings are relevant for recruiting purposes but once recruited only performance matters. He's got to show it on the court and hope he does and believe he will, but Wusu and Mathis have already shown they can compete at BE level. If you just look at HS rankings Champ would never have started for us.
Champ was the exception….. how many three star athletes are potential draft picks? For the most part HS rankings do pan out more often then not. And not just based on rankings but from what many have seen in his brief showing in the DR, I think that Storr will more then handle BE competition.

Where would you use Storr who is probably rated higher then everyone else except Curbelo, out of HS?
I would have too see how productive he is as a freshman and how he develops as the season goes on. Can’t really answer that question right now. But, I understand where you’re coming from. He’s a highly rated recruit and if he comes in and produces at a certain level immediately, with his upside you would have to find a significant amount of time for him. We’ll see soon enough.

Stanley brings some balance to the lineup. He runs the court and has size. He is a bit wild, coach can fix that. Might help Joel and Stanley to play together.
I think it might be better Jones playing w Soriano & Stanley w Nyiwe.
Jones undersized at the 4, Backed up by big Joel. Jones a scorer, Joel not as much.

Nyiwe undersized skinny 5, balanced by Stanley beefy as the 4.
Nyiwe likes to roam outside, Stanley should hopefully stay more low post

Jones undersized at the 4, Backed up by big Joel. Jones a scorer, Joel not as much.

They really have to give Stanley more touches on post ups, he is crafty and passes well too.

Stanley brings some balance to the lineup. He runs the court and has size. He is a bit wild, coach can fix that. Might help Joel and Stanley to play together.
Stanley is a good offensive player, put backs etc. He will get better. Already a good rebounder. Needs to play to pay dividends!

Id say Joel is now a scorer , based on the DR trip games!

I am sorry but Mathis has only shown me the the ability to be selfish and take horrible shots with a major tendency to turn it over. I will give him his props on defense and hustle but offensively, he has the intellectual capacity of a piece of fruit.

Was Pinzon kidnapped? No mention in this thread from what I saw. Better upside at off guard than most listed.
I agree with you. His limited time last year showed he had good court awareness and could be a big plus at off guard. Would like to see more of him.

I am sorry but Mathis has only shown me the the ability to be selfish and take horrible shots with a major tendency to turn it over. I will give him his props on defense and hustle but offensively, he has the intellectual capacity of a piece of fruit.
A major tendency to turn it over? I am not Mathis’s biggest fan but he does a really good job not turning the ball over.

Pinzon was getting used to D1 ball and played limited minutes but in those minutes he was much, much looser with the ball than Mathis. 3.3 TO per 40 compared to 1.9 for Mathis.

A major tendency to turn it over? I am not Mathis’s biggest fan but he does a really good job not turning the ball over.

Pinzon was getting used to D1 ball and played limited minutes but in those minutes he was much, much looser with the ball than Mathis. 3.3 TO per 40 compared to 1.9 for Mathis.
I wanted to further add that while Mathis can be hard to watch at times I don't see how he is selfish. He is a poor 3 point shooter and misses a lot of easy shots but he always gives his all on the court. He did improve his shooting last season. Maybe he plays too much but I don't think he is selfish. When I look at this team the two most athletic players are Mathis and Storr. We will need one of them in the game a lot to play our defense. I am hoping it's Storr but at times it may need to be Mathis. Wusu has a lot of skills but that's not his game and it's certainly not Pinzon's both who can be useful.

Addae-Wusu is actually a pretty good rebounder for a guard - which is important in the era of more and more three-point shots. That lineup is fine by me - but Anderson spreads out the minutes pretty well so who starts isn't critical.
I thought this is a year we dont have to be a three guard team. We have 3 bigs who can play. when coach wants to go 3 guards he has the guys. If we go 3 guards i would like one of them to be Storr.

Back