Women Playing Seton Hall

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
which is 2-0 in BE play.
We are leading 40-22 at the half as the ladies went on a 24-7 run to close out the half.
Freshman Aliiyah Handford is having the game of her short career with 12 points in the half on 5/5 shooting and 2/2 from the line with 4 boards. When Eugenia went down with a knee injury Coach Joey T inserted her in the starting 5 and we have not looked back. She has continued to improve game after game. Just a great move on the part of the staff. Aliiyah is not the outside shooter Eugenia is but is so good in so many other facets of the game.
Go Ladies.

50-30 for the ladies as Aliiyah now has 14 points and junior Keylantra Langley, who should have stepped up this season, is seriously stepping up today with 6 points on 3/3 shooting and a bunch of assists. Shennika , Nadirah and Amber are all having good games so far. Keep it up ladies and don't take your foot off the gas.

55-34 with 10:30 left.
Aliiyah now with 7 boards and Keylantra with 11 points on 5/5 shooting, just unreal. Great to see how other players are stepping up and it does not always have to be Shennika and Nadirah, our 2 great senior players that have huge games in order for SJU to win.
Dont stop.

62-35 with under 8 minutes left.
Keylantra now with 14 on 6/7 shooting, having the game of her career.
Amber with 7 points and 8 boards off the bench, exactly what the team needs of her.
I see that freshman Cedrica Gibson just got in which is probably the first time she has played in a long time. Good for her

64-46 with 4:30 left as the Hall has gone on a bit of a run as of late.
Shennika now also has 14 points along with Aliiyah and Amber.
Don't become over confident ladies and step back on the gas.

66-46 with 3:40 left.
Shennika now with 16 to lead all scorers as well as 4 boards.

Freshman Sandra Udobi now in for the first time and she makes 1/2 from the free throw line as we lead 70-46 with 1:39 left.

72-46 the final score as Amber had 10 boards and all 4 freshmen got in and played at the end of the game but we didn't give anything up. Just goes to show how Joey T is a real players coach. We have a real great staff.
A great win for the team as they go to 2-0 in the BE and the Hall falls to 2-1.
Perhaps their most impressive win of the season. Just like last season the team started slow because of injuries but really came together. Unlike last season the team got their best player Dashena back, this year we will not get Eugenia back, but if players like Keylantra step up we will be just fine.
I hope a lot of our fans who were in attendance and went to see the men get trounced by the Hoyas stayed on to cheer on the ladies. They certainly deserve our support.

Great win for the ladies
Very nice to see Handford continue to develop and Keylantra be a big contributor
I think they are on the right track and will improve throughout the rest of the season

I hope a lot of our fans who were in attendance and went to see the men get trounced by the Hoyas stayed on to cheer on the ladies. They certainly deserve our support.

I sincerely hope the Mens Team and coaching staff stayed to watch the ladies. They might have learned something about defense, free-throws, setting screens, making plays, hustle, substitutions... sorry for being so negative.

Great win for the ladies
Very nice to see Handford continue to develop and Keylantra be a big contributor
I think they are on the right track and will improve throughout the rest of the season

Well that makes one team

Back