Women Playing RU

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
At 2pm today.
We are on a 4 game win streak while they are on a 3 game loosing streak as Hall of Fame Coach C. Vivianne Stringer has remained at 899 career wins. We are currently on a 4 game win streak against RU and it has been a few years since they have beaten us.
Sorry to be redundant but this is another must win if we are to keep our tournament hopes alive.

By the way and I pray Joe3 reads this we are now listed as having the fifth most difficult SOS in women's ball.
Yes Eugenia's injury was devastating to this team but coupled with our difficult schedule the team has done very well.

Game time.
Ladies with the first basket to take a 2-0 lead by Mary M who has barely scored in the last few games.
Perhaps this will be an omen for this team.
Go ladies.

6-3 for the ladies as star freshman Aliyyah who spurned the state school for SJU hits both of her free throws.
Go ladies.

12-3 for the ladies as Aliyyah has 6 right now.
Will have to leave soon as I am out of town at a bball tournament for my younger son but will check back as soon as possible.

34-20 for the ladies at the half.
Aliyyah with 10 to lead the way.
Fellow frosh Ashley Perez with a big 3 to close out the first half.
We are also 11/11 from the free throw line. Amazing for a team that shot free throw so poorly early on and would have a few more wins had they shot their free throws a little better.
A great job by our very young coaching staff.

34-20 for the ladies at the half.
Aliyyah with 10 to lead the way.
Fellow frosh Ashley Perez with a big 3 to close out the first half.
We are also 11/11 from the free throw line. Amazing for a team that shot free throw so poorly early on and would have a few more wins had they shot their free throws a little better.
A great job by our very young coaching staff.

on tv ?

I believe on espn 3 mj but I am following on espn on my iPhone.
42-23 with 15 left. 3 starters in double figures.
Go ladies let's make it 5 in a row.

51-32 with 9 minutes left.
3 players in double digits for SJU.
Let's finish this well.

61-48 Final Score for the good girls.
Great win to go to 15-10 and 9-4 in the Big East.
On a 5-0 win streak and we must keep it up. Our destiny is clearly in our hands as we look to win 1 game at a time.
Way to go ladies.

Good win
C Viv stuck at 899 wins for a few games
Getting some heat from the RU faithful
She makes a little over $1M/year and the program is not as successful as it had been in past years

Nice win, but do we even make the tourney even if we win out? Still only 18-10 then.

Can't guarantee Joe but 8 wins in a row in the Big East would something to be seriously considered by the NCAA Committee.
At present we are getting close to a birth , we will see. Our last regular season game is against Depaul which should be dancing. If we beat them for our 18th regular season win it should be enough.

Back