Women Beat USF

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
an hour and a half ago in Tampa 65-59.
Was in a partners meeting so i could not provide my usual monologue but another very big win to keep our dream alive of dancing this season. We go to 12-10 on the season while USF with the much better record falls. I said a while back that we could win all of our remaining games, and so far we are 2-0 with wins against Georgetown and USF each of whom were more highly ranked. We must keep it up and hopefully the ladies have turned the corner. Shennika with 19 and 12 , Briana with 13 and our star rookie Aliyyah with 16 and 9. Keep up the great work ladies.

Hope so, but they still don't have a signature win. They should have beat Texas, Delaware, Louisville, and missed their chance against UConn. They are way better than their record shows, so hopefully they go on a big run here, but they need that breakthrough win. Every time they face a big time team they play down to the wire and lose except #2 ND who crushed us.

Hope so, but they still don't have a signature win. They should have beat Texas, Delaware, Louisville, and missed their chance against UConn. They are way better than their record shows, so hopefully they go on a big run here, but they need that breakthrough win. Every time they face a big time team they play down to the wire and lose except #2 ND who crushed us.

I hate to contradict you Joe but:
Shennika and another player had to sit out against Texas because of NCAA sanctions and Nadirah was injured. With 1 of those 3 players playing we win.
Delaware may be the top mid-major in the country. If you recall Elena Della Donne, the best player on the country scored with .7 seconds left.
Louisville is a top 10 team and we played them down to the wire in Louisville.
Uconn is a top 3 team and we played them down to the wire also.
Should not be too hard for you to understand that with a healthy Eugenia our record would be vastly different. The only women's team that could withstand an injury like we had would be UCONN to my knowledge. Everyone else could not afford a season ending injury to 1 of their top 3 players.

Just finished watching the game (thank goodnesss for DVR's)
It wasn't pretty but it was a win
Congrats, ladies, keep it going!!

Back