Women Beat Sacred Heart

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
Tonight on the road in OT to open their season.
Not really sure what transpired but Coach only played 8 players and our 3 big girls played a total of 28 minutes together ?????????
He really went with a 5 guard line up for almost the entire game.
Sophomore Alliyah Handford scored 25 which must be her career high while senior Keylantra Langley scored 15 which may have been her career high. I don't believe the two transfers are eligible yet, probably not until mid December so their absence was no surprise but freshman Jade Walker did not play and that is very concerning. She is a 6 1 scoring machine who was being counted on heavily to replace Shennika. 5th year senior Eugenia McPherson did not play but she may not be at full strength as she is recovering from a torn ACL. Her play and leadership will be greatly missed while freshman Aliyah Lewis learns on the job as she did tonight. Junior Amber Thompson only played 3 minutes, I hope she did not get hurt as she is by far our best inside presence while sophomore Sandra Odobi only played 9 minutes.
Sorry for the doom and gloom but there are far too many questions.
Aside from that a very young team won on the road against a team favoured to win its conference. All is not terrible. :p

Unfortunately we only have 6 healthy players at present.
The players whom I mentioned did not play sat out as a result of injury. In addition amber our best interior player hurt her ankle which is the reason she only played 3 minutes last night.
We play Iona Tuesday evening at CA and hopefully Amber and Sandra will be a little healthier. I believe Iona beat Arizona last night so we have a very tough game ahead of us if we don't have a few healthier bodies.
Jade Walker will not be ready for a few more games.
I guess one game at a time will be our moto but tough to win playing 5 guards 192 out of 225 minutes like our staff did last night. A great coaching job by the ladies staff last night.

Back