Will my lifetime Championship curse finally be broken?

gman

Staff member
I have never seen a team win a championship (with vivid memories). I was 5 when the islanders won their last and I was 7 when the Mets last won the series. And I’m a Bills fan (my own fault)… St. John’s we all know about…

Will Cornell finally deliver a championship to give me my first glimmer of joy? I was at the last championship game they lost which was crushing. They enter today an underdog, but could it finally be my time to be happy :)

I have never seen a team win a championship (with vivid memories). I was 5 when the islanders won their last and I was 7 when the Mets last won the series. And I’m a Bills fan (my own fault)… St. John’s we all know about…

Will Cornell finally deliver a championship to give me my first glimmer of joy? I was at the last championship game they lost which was crushing. They enter today an underdog, but could it finally be my time to be happy :)

My son goes to Maryland but we are not huge lacrosse fans so I wouldn't be disappointed if Cornell won. My daughter goes to Delaware and they played a great game to stay with Cornell. I have a sneaking suspicion that Cornell will win. They seem to be playing as well as anyone. I remember Cornell losing a couple of championships in the late 80's when my friend went there. Good luck! It did seem unfair that Notre Dame wasn't selected.

I was actually rooting for Delaware. The coach at Delaware was co-captains with my brother when they played for Cornell. Either way one of two clubs we supported was going to send a team on.

A friend and former poster who passed away a few years ago played lacrosse for Cornell in the 1970's so I'm with you gman in rooting for Cornell.

A friend and former poster who passed away a few years ago played lacrosse for Cornell in the 1970's so I'm with you gman in rooting for Cornell.
Then he was likely there during their legendary 70s run. I’m sorry to hear of his passing.

Good luck. I know your pain all too well, I’m only a few years older and follow the same teams. I’m a Bayern fan but nowhere near like I am Spurs and I didn’t know how to act when Germany won the WC in ‘14.

Between the Bills and the Mets, your chances of a championship are as good as any fan's combination...next step for the Bills is the Super Bowl, natural progression of post-season success. The Mets are playing like a championship team; Buck-ball is awesome with the hits against the shift, triples, stolen bases...of course you have to sprinkle in a lot of luck...Islanders aren't on the radar...St John's fans, we don't even think about championships, a Final Four is our championship...you in good shape gman.

Back