What is your guess on Mitt Romney's vice president

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damm I miss the political forum.

As far VP do I really care. DC has become soo divided dreadlocked that nothing is getting done. Oh wait they did condemn foreign uniforms for the Olympics didn't they.

Defending Obama at this point is like defending the use of leeches in medicine. Have you seen what the unemployment numbers and the deficit numbers. The sad part is that both are worse than they care to admit. if you count the people who dropped off the radar unemployment is more like 16 than 8. The 2 sides just bash each other with paper clubs and neither really cares as long as long as they keep their jobs and keep their contributors happy.

How about a real platform from someone, one based on common sense. Here are some things I would like to see from anyone.
• Term Limits – Make ell terms 4 years and a 2 term max. Yes I realize we will lose experience but based on the results of the last 20 years I don’t think we will be losing much. It would ensure we have new blood and new ideas and it generally takes some time for people to be corrupted. It would also ensure that at least ½ of our legislature will not spend all their time campaigning instead of working.
• Outlaw private lobbying. No trips or visits or private dinners. No donations or memoriums. All lobbying should occur in front of all of congress and the press. The amount of money firms and organizations spend on lobbying could fund social security and health care.
• Enforce insider trading laws on congress. Did you ever wonder why most members of congress and the senate are part of the 1% on their salaries. Why their “Blind trusts” do not seem so blind as their portfolios increase based on laws they pass od decisions they have direct control over. If they were private citizens both Pelosi and bohnnar would be in jail. I work for the big 4 and we have strick rules of what we can own and can’t own based on who we are working for. Why would you not want the same rules to apply to government employees.
• FIX the TAX Code. The corporate and individual tax code are overly complicated and filled with preferential treatment. It costs billions to administer and companies spend billions to “manage their tax rate” It also forces many jobs out of the country that should be staying here. The biggest joke about re establishing the bush tax cuts for people over 250k is that it wont mean a dam thing to most of the people they are saying they want to get at. Those people control what they pay through several vehicles. If they need to move more of their income to offshore sources or triple tax free bonds or invest in protected industries they will. Traditionally the ultra rich pay only about 20% as that is what they have determined is fair. The real issue here is attacking the capital gains tax, dividend tax and death tax.
Let’s just set a realistic tax rate on corps and individuals. If the corp rate were 10% It would be much easier to do business here. Allow reasonable business deductions and cut out the specific industry crap (see lobbies above.) Corporations would not move all their operations out of the US, and spend all their money thinking up schemes to avoid taxes.

The same can be said of the personal rate. Exempt the first 25 k and 10% on the rest, no deductions, no differentiations between type of income. Everyone pays and the more you make the more you pay. Yes if you are making 50 k you are paying 2500 but if you are making 10 mill you are paying a mil. You don’t have to worry that the guy is getting a huge break on 2 houses, real estate taxes exct.. Every one pays to the common good. Yes it is simplistic but it works. I know it will never happen (see lobbies above) as there are may lost jobs at the IRS accounting firms, tax software companies, and high paid lawyers who would scream bloody murder but it would work none the less. If the government cannot operate on 10% of everything something is very wrong.
Give me that platform and I will vote for it. Just my 2 cents

Damm I miss the political forum.

As far VP do I really care. DC has become soo divided dreadlocked that nothing is getting done. Oh wait they did condemn foreign uniforms for the Olympics didn't they.

Defending Obama at this point is like defending the use of leeches in medicine. Have you seen what the unemployment numbers and the deficit numbers. The sad part is that both are worse than they care to admit. if you count the people who dropped off the radar unemployment is more like 16 than 8. The 2 sides just bash each other with paper clubs and neither really cares as long as long as they keep their jobs and keep their contributors happy.

How about a real platform from someone, one based on common sense. Here are some things I would like to see from anyone.
• Term Limits – Make ell terms 4 years and a 2 term max. Yes I realize we will lose experience but based on the results of the last 20 years I don’t think we will be losing much. It would ensure we have new blood and new ideas and it generally takes some time for people to be corrupted. It would also ensure that at least ½ of our legislature will not spend all their time campaigning instead of working.
• Outlaw private lobbying. No trips or visits or private dinners. No donations or memoriums. All lobbying should occur in front of all of congress and the press. The amount of money firms and organizations spend on lobbying could fund social security and health care.
• Enforce insider trading laws on congress. Did you ever wonder why most members of congress and the senate are part of the 1% on their salaries. Why their “Blind trusts” do not seem so blind as their portfolios increase based on laws they pass od decisions they have direct control over. If they were private citizens both Pelosi and bohnnar would be in jail. I work for the big 4 and we have strick rules of what we can own and can’t own based on who we are working for. Why would you not want the same rules to apply to government employees.
• FIX the TAX Code. The corporate and individual tax code are overly complicated and filled with preferential treatment. It costs billions to administer and companies spend billions to “manage their tax rate” It also forces many jobs out of the country that should be staying here. The biggest joke about re establishing the bush tax cuts for people over 250k is that it wont mean a dam thing to most of the people they are saying they want to get at. Those people control what they pay through several vehicles. If they need to move more of their income to offshore sources or triple tax free bonds or invest in protected industries they will. Traditionally the ultra rich pay only about 20% as that is what they have determined is fair. The real issue here is attacking the capital gains tax, dividend tax and death tax.
Let’s just set a realistic tax rate on corps and individuals. If the corp rate were 10% It would be much easier to do business here. Allow reasonable business deductions and cut out the specific industry crap (see lobbies above.) Corporations would not move all their operations out of the US, and spend all their money thinking up schemes to avoid taxes.

The same can be said of the personal rate. Exempt the first 25 k and 10% on the rest, no deductions, no differentiations between type of income. Everyone pays and the more you make the more you pay. Yes if you are making 50 k you are paying 2500 but if you are making 10 mill you are paying a mil. You don’t have to worry that the guy is getting a huge break on 2 houses, real estate taxes exct.. Every one pays to the common good. Yes it is simplistic but it works. I know it will never happen (see lobbies above) as there are may lost jobs at the IRS accounting firms, tax software companies, and high paid lawyers who would scream bloody murder but it would work none the less. If the government cannot operate on 10% of everything something is very wrong.
Give me that platform and I will vote for it. Just my 2 cents

Well written and thoughtful. I'd agree with just about everything you've written.

I say it will be between Paul Ryan,Marco Rubio,Condalezza Rice. What are your thoughts?
 I'm undecided between Matt Ryan, Ricky Rubio, and Ray Rice. I think Mitt's 20MIL+/Year income (at least for 2008 and 2009) beats all of them combined. And THAT is with a W-2 that shows a big goose egg - $0. Mitt is in "another league."

I say it will be between Paul Ryan,Marco Rubio,Condalezza Rice. What are your thoughts?
 I'm undecided between Matt Ryan, Ricky Rubio, and Ray Rice. I think Mitt's 20MIL+/Year income (at least for 2008 and 2009) beats all of them combined. And THAT is with a W-2 that shows a big goose egg - $0. Mitt is in "another league."

My guess is that the $20 million in 2011 was dwarfed by some very good Wall Street years. I don't see his income as a problem at all. No one compalins about Michael Bloomberg being a billionaire, and he can't be bought. Harry Truman used to say, if you leave political office wealthier than when you came in, something is very wrong." When you look at a slew of politicians (both parties included, but consdiering how wealthy Obama has become in office) who have become weatlhy in office, it's sickening.

Guys-

After talking to a couple of moderators we are going to lock this thread for now. We stopped the R&P site awhile back for a reason. If more mods chime in this might get re-opened but would rather work on the side of caution. In the meantime you can private message whoever agrees and disagrees with points you feel as you see from this thread who has an interest in politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back