What is your guess on Mitt Romney's vice president

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love it to be Rice, as no one on either side can match her foreign policy experience, but if I had to guess, I think Rubio gets the nod, who in my opinion adds the least to the table for the republicans. 

This thread is in dangerous territory and, based on previous threads of this nature, will lead to no good.

This thread is in dangerous territory and, based on previous threads of this nature, will lead to no good.

Yours is the most likely outcome of this thread, as some of the posts are already fodder for something incendiary.

I happen to like Ryan, who appears to be a bright, no nonsense guy. He likely is a guy whose time has not yet arrived.

Rubio is the easy choice, young, well spoke, and latino.

Condaleeza Rice's tenure as Secretary of State was roundly criticized, and she will likely not impact very much of the 97% of the black vote who will go for Obama.

Pawlenty is as exciting as the white bread that he is.

Can any VP candidate on Romney's ticket be as dumb as Joe Biden?

I'm readying myself for another 4 dismal years. How anyone can ignore the failures of this administration is startling.

Rice is pro-choice and pro affirmative action.
Michele Bachmann meets your needs.
 I like Rubio and I have to compliment you on the new picture you have posted.

Believe that's Tom masquerading as Michele Bachman for Halloween. (Have to say, the airhead -- talking about Michele, not Tom -- never looked so good.)

Just as Obama has failed to quash the dingbat left in the Democratic party, Romney seems to offer little hope of reining in the Republican dingbat right. Given that the dingbat left is more ineffectual, I prefer Obama.

Before I endorse Rubio need to see thru investigation what is in his closet if anything

anyone who thinks biden is dumb has no idea how washington works. no one can get tough legislation through better than biden. that's why he was chosen by an inexperienced obama. the gop has worked hard since obama's first day to, in their words, make him a one term president. if that means killing any obama initiatives to fix the economy, then so be it. working class american's have always been collateral damage for the wealthy and they always will be.

the scenario, then, will be to have romney as the business savvy savior running with a counterpart who is perceived the same way. that leaves out rice, who says she isn't interested anyway...bachmann who's a palin clone only dumber...rubio who doesn't help romney in florida even though he's more popular there than the candidate...christie, who's one donut away from a meltdown on the campaign trail...ryan??? would a mormon and a catholic on the same ticket matter?? anyone not from the above will be chosen.

as far as romney. i can't trust anyone who doesn't drink...unless they had a problem with it at one time in their lives.

anyone who thinks biden is dumb has no idea how washington works. no one can get tough legislation through better than biden. that's why he was chosen by an inexperienced obama. the gop has worked hard since obama's first day to, in their words, make him a one term president. if that means killing any obama initiatives to fix the economy, then so be it. working class american's have always been collateral damage for the wealthy and they always will be.

the scenario, then, will be to have romney as the business savvy savior running with a counterpart who is perceived the same way. that leaves out rice, who says she isn't interested anyway...bachmann who's a palin clone only dumber...rubio who doesn't help romney in florida even though he's more popular there than the candidate...christie, who's one donut away from a meltdown on the campaign trail...ryan??? would a mormon and a catholic on the same ticket matter?? anyone not from the above will be chosen.

as far as romney. i can't trust anyone who doesn't drink...unless they had a problem with it at one time in their lives.

+ 100.

anyone who thinks biden is dumb has no idea how washington works. no one can get tough legislation through better than biden. that's why he was chosen by an inexperienced obama.
This of course is twaddle. Joe Biden is about the stupidest person to hold nationwide elective office since Millard Filmore. He was chosen as vice president only because President Jugears was terrified of being steamrolled by the Clinton machine, most democrats believing that Hillary was the most qualified vice presidential candidate by virtue of her husband having masturbated on the fat girl. And they believe this because a herd of voters who'll swallow pollyannaisms like hope and change and think they're the ones they've been waiting for will swallow anything, unlike Monica Lewinsky.

the gop has worked hard since obama's first day to, in their words, make him a one term president. if that means killing any obama initiatives to fix the economy, then so be it.

More twaddle. The administration passed several stimulus packages, bailed out a bunch of industries, and passed a health care bill. For two years they got whatever they wanted. The problem is that all these "iniatives" comprise merely transfer payments from the productive sector of the economy to the unproductive: people without jobs, union thugs, corrupt social justice organizations, business cronies, and the geriatric remnants of the crab infested Woodstock generation. The only place the dopey republicans held their ground was on tax hikes, based upon their evident unwillingness to trade their liberties for a chance to suckle at the teat of government.

bachmann who's a palin clone only dumber
Its ironic that a group of people who pride themselves on their progressive attitudes can't come up with a single new talking point. Conservatives are stupid and the ones who aren't stupid are evil. Liberals oppose conservatives: therefore we are smart and virtuous. Smart like Joe "the genius" Biden and Al "Climate Scientist" Gore. Virtuous like Bill Clinton and Jon Edwards. You people are a hoot.

...rubio who doesn't help romney in florida even though he's more popular there than the candidate...christie, who's one donut away from a meltdown on the campaign trail...ryan??? would a mormon and a catholic on the same ticket matter?? anyone not from the above will be chosen..

Disagree. I think someone from the midwest's the likely VP choice. Probably Portman, maybe Pawlenty, maybe Mitch Daniels. Bobby Jindal is the dark horse.

palin is much hotter than bachmann but I can't believe anyone could be dumber????

I think both of our views of Biden are partially clouded by partisan leanings, but the man has a redundant tendency to speak without thinking things through completely. Considering your opinion that he can get tough legislation through, that is only meted out when the Congress is pretty evenly divided and you have to reach across the aisle for support. That being said, Biden in this administration has fully ascribed to the divisive tactics of name calling Republicans, "rich guys", and anyone else who may not be in lockstep with this liberal administration - hardly a bridge builder.

In terms of your snipe at Romney's mormonish, veiled as a joke, I recently travelled to SLC, and have spent a considerable amount of time with Mormons, and did my homework before and subsequent to those encounters. I overwhelmingly have concluded that while I cannot (and should not) fully endors their theology, I have a deep respect for their reverence, generosity, goodness, and faithfulness.

In terms of not drinking, given the carnage that alcohol have inflicted upon good men and women, I'd fully endorse prohibition if it worked.

In terms of November, I can only hope that the majority of Americans do not ascribe to entitlements that the US cannot afford at this juncture, allow the electoral college to sweep away this failed administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back