Welcome Vincent Iwuchukwu!

Now we are talking. This is the long, athletic type player we need at the 5. Major upgrade over Joel who was too limited athletically.

The 1st 5 star stud is here. Lets go Rick!!!!!! We need a few more of we want to compete with the big boys.

Laterally challenged with not be a phrase used around these parts much longer!

Two interesting tidbits:
"The Johnnies are firmly in the mix with a number of transfers, namely North Texas wing Aaron Scott, Texas forward Dillon Mitchell and Utah point guard Deivon Smith."

"The plan is to use him and returning big man Zuby Ejiofor as a two-headed monster at center, according to sources.

However, St. John’s is still recruiting Rutgers transfer Cliff Omoruyi."

Now we are talking. This is the long, athletic type player we need at the 5. Major upgrade over Joel who was too limited athletically.

The 1st 5 star stud is here. Lets go Rick!!!!!! We need a few more of we want to compete with the big boys.

Laterally challenged with not be a phrase used around these parts much longer!
wow... was not expecting this take from you

Disaster?

Please enlighten why this portal season is a disaster. It is still early in the process with over 1000 players in portal and more to come in next 8 days.

We have kept all our important pieces (Wilcher, Zuby. Luis, Brady) and add 2 skilled young guys in Lefty and Glover. Maker will take some time but he also brings height and athleticism that may be needed in small stretches next year.

Can we trust the HOF coach will get the players who will create a TEAM. He had to react quickly last year given where we were in the process. I much prefer the slow and methodical process.

Rather be highly selective them impulsive in this chaotic time.

Also I have never seen so much whining over the possible loss of a center who has limited offensive skills and whose team last year was a disaster in the Big Ten. By talk here you think we are losing out on a 21 year old gamer changer like Lew Alcindor Hakeem Olajuwon or Patrick Ewing. I get that he is terrific defensively but let’s face it most of the college basketball games in 2024 are won by the teams who shoot the best percentage from 3 anyway. Like the NFL and NBA…offense is king!
Good post. Just want to say that a lot of open 3s by those teams come as a result of breaking down defense with a pick and roll. That’s where having a quality defensive center can come in extremely handy. Not just rim protection.

Two interesting tidbits:
"The Johnnies are firmly in the mix with a number of transfers, namely North Texas wing Aaron Scott, Texas forward Dillon Mitchell and Utah point guard Deivon Smith."

"The plan is to use him and returning big man Zuby Ejiofor as a two-headed monster at center, according to sources.

However, St. John’s is still recruiting Rutgers transfer Cliff Omoruyi."
Yeah saw that and got my attention as well.

Back