WBC is a Go!

Fizzy

Its great to see so many MLB players on the teams.

My Dominican family is riding high with their star-studded roster. Mets fans are excited for the US team but being a Muttsie fan you always hold your breath for injuries as we can never look at the positives. Puerto Rico, DR and Venezuela all in the same group is going to make for some classic games. Ohtani is already raking for Japan and they have a super stud young pitcher that Steve Cohen is already storing cash in a cookie jar for when posted.

Let's PLAY BALL!

would prefer this to be held after the season/ World Series. Injuries could be too costly at this time of year.

Either DR or PR won't make it to the next round (barring some upsets vs Venezuela). Should be a great game!

If you are baseball fan tonights DR vs PR game should be incredibly intense. 2 teams enter 1 team leave

OMG I can’t believe Diaz got hurt in a celebration for getting out of pool play of the WBC. You can’t make it up. The injury appears serious. Either an ACL OR an Achilles. Either is probably season ending.

Mets saying it is his knee. Geez this is the Mets out-Metsing themselves.

Cohen must be pissed.

@Mets
Edwin Díaz injured his right knee after tonight’s WBC game. He will undergo imaging tomorrow and we will update when appropriate.

One reason why the Yanks restricted certain players from participating.

would prefer this to be held after the season/ World Series. Injuries could be too costly at this time of year.
As I said on March 7th and I stand by it. Players are just getting into shape this time of year and need to be under observation by team managers/coaches/trainers/ etc. This idiotic concept only risks injuries that can be season killers for the major league team.

Back