Want to talk ball / but nobody is talking it in the Rookie Forum

porterBrown

Hey - new user, long time fan.  Want to talk about the game last night, but I can't as I just made an account and can only post/reply on Rookie forum, but it looks dead with the last post 3 weeks ago, others months ago?  

How can new users that want to talk St. John's ball (such as Stanley being what I hoped Josh Roberts would have been) talk about the games when they can't get into the game posts?  

Perfect example I would like to reply and talk ball in the post game forum from last night.  Can't.  And I don't want to talk Yanks from months ago to build cred.  

So... what's the process?  Has to be a way.  Last thing this site wants is less engagement and users I imagine.  Do I have to pass some test, like who is Robert Werdann, something?  I even started the game thread on Reddit last night in /cbb

Looking for other Johnnies!

Welcome to Redmen.com.  Hang in there.  
Start your game threads here and others will join in.

Porter post=441820 said:
Hey - new user, long time fan.  Want to talk about the game last night, but I can't as I just made an account and can only post/reply on Rookie forum, but it looks dead with the last post 3 weeks ago, others months ago?  

How can new users that want to talk St. John's ball (such as Stanley being what I hoped Josh Roberts would have been) talk about the games when they can't get into the game posts?  

Perfect example I would like to reply and talk ball in the post game forum from last night.  Can't.  And I don't want to talk Yanks from months ago to build cred.  

So... what's the process?  Has to be a way.  Last thing this site wants is less engagement and users I imagine.  Do I have to pass some test, like who is Robert Werdann, something?  I even started the game thread on Reddit last night in /cbb

Welcome Porter! I use reddit and always see your name in CBB and anything St. John's. You might have to post a certain number of times in order to use the regular forum, not sure. 

Hey - but I have to post them in the rookie forum?  I'll be honest I post them in reddit.com/r/collegebasketball to try to get some traction, just having to do some "make work" posts in the Rookie forum just feels ... like make work.  

Porter post=441820 said:

Stanley looks awesome. Hands, feet, comfortable with the ball, and possesses all the physical tools to play up and down game in CMAs system. In a night full of bright spots, he may have been the brightest for me.

Last edited:
Do reply's count?  Sometimes I feel I am one of the 10 St. John's fans on Reddit....I tried with last nights game thread, but it can be pretty empty without a bigger opponent.  

Porter post=441827 said:
Do reply's count?  Sometimes I feel I am one of the 10 St. John's fans on Reddit....I tried with last nights game thread, but it can be pretty empty without a bigger opponent.  
Unfortunately, we have an aging fan base. That should change if we turn into a consistent NCAA contender.

I think Stanley had something like 13 or 16 points?  Really liked seeing two freshmen get their feet wet.    

Anyone else think that Wusu seemed a little "thicker" than last year, in the belly area?  Nobody can argue with his hustle last night, but I would have hoped he sculpted his body a bit more over the off season.  

I saw attendance reported as 4,749.  It didn’t look that full from what I could tell.  Anyone attending provide some confirmation?

He did look a little like a freight train.

1. Porter post=441832
I think Stanley had something like 13 or 16 points?  Really liked seeing two freshmen get their feet wet.    

Anyone else think that Wusu seemed a little "thicker" than last year, in the belly area?  Nobody can argue with his hustle last night, but I would have hoped he sculpted his body a bit more over the off season.  

Kids a tank. I mean that positively. He missed a lot of the pre season but I thought he looked really good considering. He’s our glue guy this year and if he can hit 3’s at 35% or so he’ll be a serious difference maker.

Knight post=441833 said:
I saw attendance reported as 4,749.  It didn’t look that full from what I could tell.  Anyone attending provide some confirmation?

He did look a little like a freight train.
Appears we always inflate attendance figures at Carnesecca unless it's a sellout.

Porter post=441832 said:

Both freshmen showed promise. Didn't notice your observation about Wusu but believe he missed about a month with a sprained ankle so possible he may have put on a few lbs but think he'll be able to work it off now that he's back playing.

porter, another reply to build up your status. what do think of #99 coming in 6th in al aaron award.

Has the 2021 vote happened yet?  Could find it.  

I tell you the Yankees are frustrating.  I fear we have built a team following the Cleveland Indians recipe from 1995.  Albert Belle and friends bludgeoning many low end teams through the regular season, but when they ran into good pitching and defense, they were neutered.  I don't want to make the playoffs, I want to do well when we get there.

How does Tampa do it?  Their player development and scouts really are good.  

Some of our players are uninspiring.  Sanchez has been "meh".  Gallo made some nice catches in left during the stretch run, but that average as a Yankee was like .170?  Something pretty gross.  Britton is asking to not be put in games, German has his domestic issues, will Sevy ever be as good as we hoped?  

So many busted "future all stars" in Montero, Bird, Betances.....

At least we have the Giants.  

:-|

Last edited:
Back