Video With New Lacrosse Coach

My co-worker, who is recent lacrosse alum in last decade keeps raving about the new coach and all the outreach he's done in short time. Said he coach also hired his brother as as assistant who was coaching at Hobart.

The Turri Family is West Islip Royalty. Hopefully will be a pipeline to long island talent. Good luck I think we have a good one.

It’s an excellent hire. Can’t do much better. Sju needs better facilities for the lax players and hopefully that will happen. Great young hire though, and local LI guy who knows the caliber of athlete sju needs to win. Happy to hopefully leave the era behind us where teams were dropping 20-30 goals a game on us and we were barely afloat.

The infrastructure is something that sju must address. We won’t compete with our lack of any facilities nor stadium. I don’t even think we have room to build any sort or proper stadium for lax and what sju has right now is horrendous bleachers.

Look at what Marquette is building for lax!

An 8k seat stadium.

The problem is that sju earmarked too much space for soccer-specific Belson, when they really should have created a larger multiple-sport stadium there.

Last edited:
I think defense wil be an enphasis. Kyle was an amazing goalie in HS then duke and got a gold medle in international tournment. He was the defensive coordinator at hobart before joining his brother. Im not saying we will win a lot more the first year but i dont see us dropping 20-30 anymore. Maybe we need bodyarmor stadium.

I think defense wil be an enphasis. Kyle was an amazing goalie in HS then duke and got a gold medle in international tournment. He was the defensive coordinator at hobart before joining his brother. Im not saying we will win a lot more the first year but i dont see us dropping 20-30 anymore. Maybe we need bodyarmor stadium.
Yeah, while we don’t need Marquette’s 8 k beauty, something more like Belson is needed. I wish they incorporated it into the back side of DaDilva building and underneath had lockers etc. I’m sure at some point it will be addressed.

Yeah head coach Turri and his brother both have different focus. Both sides need to be addressed. Most important is getting the freak athletes to mold that we used to get. It’s no coincidence that Miller’s beat teams were with Sowell’s recruits for the most part. Sowell recruited some of the under-recruited multi-sport athletes and then we landed a few gems in McArdle and Cernuto amongst others. Need more of everything at sju. I think the vision is correct and I applaud Cragg with what I feel is as good of a hiring choice we could have made by far.

Hope there are a"good number' of lax supporters on Monday at the Johnnies Classic, either for golf and/or dinner

Opportunity to meet the new coaching staff

Hope there are a"good number' of lax supporters on Monday at the Johnnies Classic, either for golf and/or dinner

Opportunity to meet the new coaching staff
Same here. I do enjoy seeing SJU with proper people in place now including Shanley, Cragg etc that do things professionally and are changing our image a bit. I think it will pay dividends to the school we all love moving forward.

Back