Verlander a Met!

Wrong forum but damn, I wanted him in pinstrpipes.

and vice versa
I don't hate the Yankees. They're not in the NL. I do hate the way Yankee fans disparage the Mets.
I hate the Braves and the Phillies.
I also have a lifelong affinity for the Cards because of Bob Gibson. I loved watching him pitch.

Met fans actively root against the Yankees. Yankee fans do not take notice of Met fans.
Yeah sure. That is the ā€œbig brotherā€line which is does not compute. And a Yankee fan started the nonsense on this thread.

The Yankee fans I knew were rooting for the Red Sox in 1986.

But none of that matters. This is a great day for the Mets. Cohen does not fool around.

Yeah sure. That is the ā€œbig brotherā€line which is does not compute. And a Yankee fan started the nonsense on this thread.

But none of that matters. This is a great day for the Mets. Cohen does not fool around.
Too bad you didn't know me in 86 as I actively rooted for the Met's. I ignored them the rest of the time to avoid feeling ill. :sick:

They werenā€™t real Yankee fans. If they were, they had been rooting for the earth to open up and swallow up both teams and whichever dump of a ballpark they were playing in like I was ;).

Too bad you didn't know me in 86 as I actively rooted for the Met's. I ignored them the rest of the time to avoid feeling ill. :sick:
My problem with the Mets and it had nothing to do with them per se, more of the bandwagon fans many of whom didnā€™t know what a baseball was if one hit them in the face.

But yes Kranmars, it is a good day for the Mets and their fans who will get more out of Verlander in his two guarantee years and option contract than what Texas will get out DeGrom in his five or six year one.

Let's not let the few negative Yankees fans ruin this thread. I started this thread to reunite with my Mets fan friends that I was exchanging fun posts with all summer long, so please, Yankee fans, don't take this opportunity to ruin our enjoyment of this thread. I'm asking as a Redmen fan friend. Thank you.

Back