US Basketball Loses to France

johnsliva

If we keep this up we not even medal. It does not look like a team just players thrown out on the floor.

johnsliva post=437091 said:
If we keep this up we not even medal. It does not look like a team just players thrown out on the floor.
How long before we go back to sending only college kids so we have a good excuse when we lose?

Like the 2004 team, I believe that this squad is made up too much in the image of their head coach.

Pop's championship Spurs teams (with the exception of the first one, when Admiral was still there), basically had one superstar in Duncan, and then a bunch of hard-working solid players, who got the most out of their abilities, and played well together.  

The problem with that here is, that the good international teams are largely made up the same way, and with the exception of the 1 or 2 NBA players they have, have been doing so together, for a much longer period of time.

The US would be much better off overwhelming these international teams with talent.  Give Coach K credit for knowing that, and taking home 3 gold medals because of it.

Also, if it's possible for a team to overpass, this team does.  Too often (both in the exhibitions,and today), they passed up good looks, and only got OK Shots (at best) out of them.  Over the course of an 82 game season, this could be a good thing in the end, but the Olympics are a sprint, not a marathon.  But again, this is how Pop likes to play it.

Irregardless of the final result, Erik Spoelstra would be a better choice to take over the club for the Paris games, IMO.

It goes to show you that holding a training camp for longer than 8 minutes has its benefits.

I couldn’t care less about either the NBA or the US Olympic men’s basketball team.  

I would rather watch some random mid major D1 teams play.

No interest in the “woke” Olympics other than my desire to see the women’s soccer team utterly demolished 

Why anyone would root against athletes representing our country and all the sacrifices that entails, especially this year, is beyond me. Just depressing to say the least.

Nothing can piss off an anti woke like throwing irrational patriotism in their face.  Nice play.

thetux1 post=437105 said:
No interest in the “woke” Olympics other than my desire to see the women’s soccer team utterly demolished 

You sound like a really fun person to be around.  I'm sure the Olympics are absolutely devastated that you will not be watching them.

thetux1 post=437105 said:

Absolutely.  And.....why can't everyone be as patriotic as you?

Enjoy rooting against our team.

Back