UConn Fans...

Will be...

• More insufferable than ever

• The same, it isn't possible for them to be more insufferable

Results are only viewable after voting.
What a Dominant team... no holes with whoever they put on the floor for an extended period. Their fans have every right to run their mouths... UConn is HIM lol.... Beat them next year... speaking of....

I knew they would be good... but in no way This Great after losing Adama/Jackson/Hawkins.... they looked better than last year.

Sooo... They definitely lose Newton/Spencer. Castle is a Top10 pick. Clingan stock is as high as it could be. Karaban... ehhh... maybe? Potentially can lose 87% of their minutes from last night's game...

With Diarra / Samson....fine- I'll put Karaban in there.... they have to regress next season... right? lol Of course a regression for them is only 15 BE wins

What a Dominant team... no holes with whoever they put on the floor for an extended period. Their fans have every right to run their mouths... UConn is HIM lol.... Beat them next year... speaking of....

I knew they would be good... but in no way This Great after losing Adama/Jackson/Hawkins.... they looked better than last year.

Sooo... They definitely lose Newton/Spencer. Castle is a Top10 pick. Clingan stock is as high as it could be. Karaban... ehhh... maybe? Potentially can lose 87% of their minutes from last night's game...

With Diarra / Samson....fine- I'll put Karaban in there.... they have to regress next season... right? lol Of course a regression for them is only 15 BE wins
Solomon Ball looked really good and will be a stud 😕

Castle was so much better than Hawkins and Jackson IMO. He was the best athlete in the conference, he was happy to take a backseat and do all the little things, and he developed unreal pace and patience with the ball by the end of the year which belied his age.

I think you can plug and play a Kadary Richmond or a Silas Demary for Newton. If they bring back Karaban and/or Spencer and kill it in the portal they can be a top 5 team again.

Castle was so much better than Hawkins and Jackson IMO. He was the best athlete in the conference, he was happy to take a backseat and do all the little things, and he developed unreal pace and patience with the ball by the end of the year which belied his age.

I think you can plug and play a Kadary Richmond or a Silas Demary for Newton. If they bring back Karaban and/or Spencer and kill it in the portal they can be a top 5 team again.
They also add a 5 star guard and they integrate talented newcomers well as they did with Castle

Spencer has no eligibility left and this is probably Karaban's only shot at being a first round pick with how bad the draft class is.

But your point stands. If you're a real gamer, why wouldn't you want to play for Hurley and UCONN right now? Plenty of PT available, proven track record of guys making the NBA (including those who maybe would not have w/ other programs), etc.

I chose more insufferable than ever because their insane egos/taunting/etc. are unfortunately 100% backed by facts right now. Hurley is pushing them to bonafide blue blood status along with the Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and North Carolina's. They're probably already there by pure #s anyway.

The Uconn fan is unbearable. Not a gracious group. My problem is the Uconn fan who didn’t go there but went to some liberal arts shit hole but questions your fan hood. Literally got into shoving match with some clown on Thursday night was rocking my St. John’s hat.My Monday night was insufferable I hate them and their Shulman fans! Best program since getting on the National map in 1990.

Spencer has no eligibility left and this is probably Karaban's only shot at being a first round pick with how bad the draft class is.

But your point stands. If you're a real gamer, why wouldn't you want to play for Hurley and UCONN right now? Plenty of PT available, proven track record of guys making the NBA (including those who maybe would not have w/ other programs), etc.

I chose more insufferable than ever because their insane egos/taunting/etc. are unfortunately 100% backed by facts right now. Hurley is pushing them to bonafide blue blood status along with the Kentucky, Kansas, Duke and North Carolina's. They're probably already there by pure #s anyway.
There was some fan petition going around this season for Spencer to get an extra year because he only played 5 games his soph season of 20-21— which would normally be a medical redshirt but for the Covid year. If the Ivy League gets that treatment overturned it could open the door for him and others.

But I agree, this draft is his best chance. I do think he gets drafted too.

Karaban is the second toughest to replace on that squad IMO. He has perfect fundamentals and he can play 3 positions well. How good UConn can be will largely turn on his decision.

A friend of mine is an usher at MSG who is assigned the spot by Dolan's suite, halfcourt at section 107. He said the worst part of the BE Tournament was having to control/corral the Yukon fans on Saturday night after their win. He used some choice words in his narrative.

Although he did get some nice BE swag after that from the powers that be.

I do agee with an earlier post about the most obnoxious fans being the ones that absolutely have no connection to the school itself just the state...but, whatever. That's the price we pay for letting a STATE school into the conference.

A friend of mine is an usher at MSG who is assigned the spot by Dolan's suite, halfcourt at section 107. He said the worst part of the BE Tournament was having to control/corral the Yukon fans on Saturday night after their win. He used some choice words in his narrative.

Although he did get some nice BE swag after that from the powers that be.

I do agee with an earlier post about the most obnoxious fans being the ones that absolutely have no connection to the school itself just the state...but, whatever. That's the price we pay for letting a STATE school into the conference.
One of the reasons I could never root for UConn when I got to the school was the how terrible the fans are. They seem to have this culture where in order to enjoy a game, you have to get absolutely wasted before the game so that you're nice and drunk and obnoxious throughout. Then as you mentioned there are are bandwagon fans with no association to the school, simply because there is no pro sports team.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain"

Let's face it. If we had the success they have had as a program, we would probably be just as cocky and obnoxious.

I can almost confirm this, because I personally remember shuffling out of the garden after SJU beat Villanova this year. There were a bunch of quiet Nova fans walking quietly with their heads down, and multiple SJU fans took the opportunity to harass them and tell them it was "our f***ing time now" and to "stay the f### away from the Garden".

And that was after one regular season win. Imagine we were winning back to back titles lol.

All fairness the Nova fan is a good fan! With no pro sports in CT, they got nothing. Especially if you don’t live in Fairfield County or Atleast up to New Haven. The Uconn fan prior to 90 is a knowledgeable fan. Herbst owes a ton to the Big East they were dead in AAC.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain"

Let's face it. If we had the success they have had as a program, we would probably be just as cocky and obnoxious.

I can almost confirm this, because I personally remember shuffling out of the garden after SJU beat Villanova this year. There were a bunch of quiet Nova fans walking quietly with their heads down, and multiple SJU fans took the opportunity to harass them and tell them it was "our f***ing time now" and to "stay the f### away from the Garden".

And that was after one regular season win. Imagine we were winning back to back titles lol.
I don’t understand the intra-conference hate.

A rising tide lifts all boats — unless football is involved😁 That tide is more damaging than the hurricane that hit the Gulf in Forrest Gump.

Back