UCONN better lace him up for tomorrow...

fordham96

..look player for player UCONN is a better team than SJU. That is not a secret. Heck they maybe the best team in the country.

And I am not guaranteeing a win.

But it is clear this team got the memo 3 weeks ago...

And UCONN better bring it tomorrow night because you can take this to the bank, SJU will be bringing it tomorrow night....

UCONN has started off slow in their last couple of games. They are clearly looking ahead to the tournament.

We're the most dangerous type of team in these situations -- the hungrier team with nothing to lose. LETS GO GET IT

I wouldn't get my hopes for a competitive game tomorrow. UConn is in a different stratosphere than everybody else right now. Would be a shame if a 20-25 point loss tomorrow causes people to diminish what this team accomplished over the past 3 weeks

I wouldn't get my hopes for a competitive game tomorrow. UConn is in a different stratosphere than everybody else right now. Would be a shame if a 20-25 point loss tomorrow causes people to diminish what this team accomplished over the past 3 weeks
We were competitive in both games against uconn this year.

Second one got away from us in the second half for sure, but weve shown we can play with these guys

UCONN is a wagon no doubt.

But this team is playing at the level we all hoped they would be just came a little late.

And let's be fair this team is VERYCLOSE to being really good. Take out the SHU game at the Rock. Tied late at Xavier. Tied late at Providence. One possession game late at UCONN. Up 9 at halftime at Marquette and a back and forth second half. Lose by 1 at home to Marquette. Lose by 1 to Creighton on the road on some blown calls. Blow a 12 pt halftime lead at home to SHU. Lead at half before UCONN pulls away last 6-7 minutes at Garden.

They lost every one of those games. I mean geez I get it you are not going to win all of them or even most of them. But they lost all of them. Win 2 of them and all SJU is doing is playing for seeding.

This is why I think they will be ready for tomorrow. They will be able to punch back tomorrow. It may not be enough in the end because UCONN is terrific but I would be shocked if they get blown out.

I don’t care. It’s been years. Year after year of BE Tournament flame outs. I am going to enjoy the hell out of today and tomorrow regardless of result.

Keep in mind the win, the NCAA bid, gives Rick nitro fuel for recruiting.

I would also say hats off to Shaheen Holloway. I wasn’t sold he was the answer at the Hall. I was wrong. They are in good hands.

I don’t care. It’s been years. Year after year of BE Tournament flame outs. I am going to enjoy the hell out of today and tomorrow regardless of result.

Keep in mind the win, the NCAA bid, gives Rick nitro fuel for recruiting.

I would also say hats off to Shaheen Holloway. I wasn’t sold he was the answer at the Hall. I was wrong. They are in good hands.
+100

Back