UCL quarterfinals

OhioFan post=432221 said:
Moose post=432202 said:
Sure the management is a pain. But don’t kid yourselves that him not getting over the CL hump wasn’t a reason. In their eyes the squad was stronger than last year and couldn’t repeat. 

Of course it was his choice. Anyone could see where it was going to go. Leave now after winning 83 percent of your games before they unceremoniously dump you like they do first chance they get. For a team that churns managers as much as Bayern you would think they were mid table team. 

Now he can manage the NT. 
Moose, you are way off base, totally.

We will have to agree to disagree but that doesn’t surprise me 
No offense but you live and breathe Bayern Munich. They are your team. 
I’m unbiased fan of the game with some pretty high up reputable connections within the game. 
I expect a fan of their team to defend their club to the very end.

Last edited:
OhioFan post=432225 said:
Thanks Moose. I appreciate that.

Just for kicks, read this report. This one is in English, assuming you don't read German:

[URL]https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/4/17/22389515/bayern-munich-vfl-wolfsburg-hansi-flick-decision-terminate-contract-details-kahn-rummenigge-brazzo[/URL]]Report: Details on Hansi Flick’s decision to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season emerge - Bavarian Football Works[/url]
The NT job is very convenient factor. 

All clubs have some level of discontent between sporting director and manager. But when the manager wins 83 percent of his matches I do scratch my head a bit there. 

Would have been interesting if you advanced in CL again and if that changed anything. Then again all it might have done was boost his salary even more for the NT job. 

For a team like Bayern it just seems like all the managers are mercenaries. The longest recent manager was Pep and while successful there that always seemed like an odd fit. Carlo lasted just over a year. Jepp was always likely a holdover and had a pretty damn remarkable year. Kovac then won at a pretty damn good clip but was jettisoned pretty quickly. Guess I just expect a little more manager stability from a top 5 club in the world and clear cut Bundi winner every year.

Isn’t it important for Bayern manager to speak German. Does Allegri? I know his English was big issue why he never went for PL job. 

Moose, I and almost all of my compatriots on my FC Bayern forums were expecting a long and successful career for Hansi at the club. This was devastating news after the disappointments of Carlo and Kovac at the helm.

You can't manage the club if you don't speak German. Pep had to learn from alphabet on up and did a good job of it.

We will see who ends up at the helm, no one I know wants Allegri. 

FYI: [URL]https://www.sport1.de/fussball/2021/04/fc-bayern-flick-von-salihamidzic-vergrault-kommentar-von-florian-plettenberg?utm_source[/URL]=sharing_platform&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharing_app]FC Bayern: Flick von Salihamidzic vergrault - Kommentar von Florian Plettenberg (sport1.de)[/url]

Last edited:
OhioFan post=432251 said:
Moose, I and almost all of my compatriots on my FC Bayern forums were expecting a long and successful career for Hansi at the club. This was devastating news after the disappointments of Carlo and Kovac at the helm.

You can't manage the club if you don't speak German. Pep had to learn from alphabet on up and did a good job of it.

We will see who ends up at the helm, no one I know wants Allegri. 

FYI: [URL]https://www.sport1.de/fussball/2021/04/fc-bayern-flick-von-salihamidzic-vergrault-kommentar-von-florian-plettenberg?utm_source[/URL]=sharing_platform&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharing_app]FC Bayern: Flick von Salihamidzic vergrault - Kommentar von Florian Plettenberg (sport1.de)[/url]

You are 100% correct about Allegri, however, do you think Naglesman will be strong enough to deal with Brazzo?   Will JN be willing to cede player  decisions to Brazzo & Kahn?  Ultimately the board has to decide how much off the field authority they want to give the coach.

And now it seems like the board isn't too pleased with Hansi saying he's leaving
Bayern should have a reality TV show /media/kunena/emoticons/wink.png

Not sure if you Bayern fans heard this.  Was talking to a friend of mine in GER.

After a recent match your Sporting Director was on the bus after the game and told the players on the bus this team was worse than last year's team.  Flick flipped out on him.  He mentioned Flick was adamant about not losing Thiago as the start of the unraveling.  And this Sporting Director is just a proxy for Hoeness.  Sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen with Hoeness, the current Director, Flick, Kahn, Hainer, Rummenigge, etc....

Also NT job while a possibility isn't a sure thing I was told

I have heard similar. Hasan is a mostly disliked by most of my FCB compatriots. Hansi's complaints go much further than losing Thiago. Bringing in players for this season that were not wanted or can't even play Bundesliga level are another - see Coman and Sarr. Sending Richards to Hoffenheim and losing junior players who could play for real is another. Hasan should go and Hansi should stay. Finally, as much as I love Uli - he needs to stay out of the loop or go back to finish his sentence in jail

OhioFan post=432323 said:
I have heard similar. Hasan is a mostly disliked by most of my FCB compatriots. Hansi's complaints go much further than losing Thiago. Bringing in players for this season that were not wanted or can't even play Bundesliga level are another - see Coman and Sarr. Sending Richards to Hoffenheim and losing junior players who could play for real is another. Hasan should go and Hansi should stay. Finally, as much as I love Uli - he needs to stay out of the loop or go back to finish his sentence in jail

I agree about the players coming in this season, but I think you might have mistaken Coman, who'was here before Flick took over, for Costa.  You can probably add  Roca to the list along with Dantas, who was Hansi's pick.  And Nubel was a puzzling signing because he's just not getting to play ahead of Neuer.  Agree about Richards and maybe add Zirkzee to the list although he's been injured.  The only guy who's been serviceable is Choupo who's given us decent minutes and scored twice against PSG.

That has been a foregone conclusion in Bavaria for a while. Now we will see if Munich can get DFB to pay them for the Hansi transfer.

OhioFan post=432983 said:
That has been a foregone conclusion in Bavaria for a while. Now we will see if Munich can get DFB to pay them for the Hansi transfer.

DFB have said no to that, rumor is i's going to cost 20--2 million euros to Leipzig for Nagleman's release.

Back