UCL quarterfinals

Section9

Bayern drew the tough side of the draw first up is PSG, and then probably Man City after they dispose of Dortmund.  The other Premier League teams got off much easier with Liverpool facing Real and Chelsea against Porto.  Looks like the Londoners have a much easier path to the finals.

Last edited:
I'll bet PSG and MC are thinking the same thing.

You have to play the big boys sometime if you want to win the CL. The winner will definitely come from this side of the draw.

TX Redman post=431399 said:
PSG edge it on away goals.  Two great games, BM hard hit by injuries. 
If they have Lewandoski alone, they win easy today. I didn’t get to see the entire game but they had some glorious chances the last half hour or so and just couldn’t finish. Oh well, was pulling for Bayern now I pull for the Magic Man to shove it in Levy’s face.

Injuries and COVID for half the friggin team. Lewa, Goretzka and Gnabry all out. Coman and Hernandez playing injured. Half the bench today was from Bayern II. Oh well, there is always next year.

AndLewa out because in injury for Poland against Andorra. Why was he even playing in the 90th minute of that match.

OhioFan post=431401 said:
Injuries and COVID for half the friggin team. Lewa, Goretzka and Gnabry all out. Coman and Hernandez playing injured. Half the bench today was from Bayern II. Oh well, there is always next year.

AndLewa out because in injury for Poland against Andorra. Why was he even playing in the 90th minute of that match.
Goretzka has really flourished into a powerhouse of a midfielder. Germany really needs to find a striker worth a damn with this great midfield they have.

guinness77 post=431403 said:

Goretzka has really flourished into a powerhouse of a midfielder. Germany really needs to find a striker worth a damn with this great midfield they have.
There are plenty of German strikers, but they all suck or are too young. Plus, the current coach is an egotistic idiot. He won't be gone soon enough, see North Macedonia match.

OhioFan post=431404 said:
guinness77 post=431403 said:
Germany really needs to find a striker worth a damn with this great midfield they have.
There are plenty of German strikers, but they all suck or are too young.
That was kinda what I was getting at.

Agree, but Neymar, much as I dislike him, clanged two off the uprights and was just late for a cross to a wide open net, could have had two.  Neuer made some big saves and played the sweeper keeper, especially in the second half.

There is no way I'm rooting for PSG, I hope City puts a beat down on them af.ter they dispose of  Dortmund.  I'd also like to see Liverpool somehow get through against Real, but they have a big hill to climb there and they are not in the best form right now.

Flick not returning to Bayern
Amazing how it all boils down to CL. Nothing else really matters anymore 

Moose post=432108 said:

That's a bit of an oversimplification.  There have been rumors floating around for quite a while that he was unhappy being left out on personnel decisions and was butting heads with Brazzo over it.  He wanted more involvement and was told that Kahn, Brazzo and Hoeness would be the decision makers, with his input; Flick was not pleased.  When Low announced his departure from the national team that opened the door for Flick to move on.  The immediate reaction of  Neuer and Murller show their feelings.

Who knows maybe the board would have asked him to leave at the end of the season, but I think this was Flick's choice.

Now we move on.  There's rumors that Allegri is one of the candidates.  I hope not, his style goes against they way they have been playing for the last decade or so.   My first choice would be  Kloop but I think Nagelsman would be fine as well.

Sucks because the German side of me supports Munich but keep your hands off MY future manger. Pretty please. 

Moose post=432108 said:
Flick not returning has nothing to do with CL. It is all due to Hasan, the sporting director - who is an ass, and the lack of input Hansi was given on transfers.

OhioFan post=432189 said:
It will be Nagelsman. From what I have heard, it is already a done deal. 
Is there a source for that? Rumor has been that Nagelsmann was willing to leave Leipzig to go to Tottenham but I would imagine passing up the chance to manage Munchen would be massive.

German press and rumor mill. Even though Nagelsman has denied it, there is just too much chatter that there is already an agreement in place. 

I like Nagelsman, but loved Hansi. I think he is Jupp reborn and we should have fired Hasan instead. Both are Bayern alums, but Hansi embodies who we have been (or wanted to be) for the last 20 years.

Sure the management is a pain. But don’t kid yourselves that him not getting over the CL hump wasn’t a reason. In their eyes the squad was stronger than last year and couldn’t repeat. 

Of course it was his choice. Anyone could see where it was going to go. Leave now after winning 83 percent of your games before they unceremoniously dump you like they do first chance they get. For a team that churns managers as much as Bayern you would think they were mid table team. 

Now he can manage the NT. 

Moose post=432202 said:
Sure the management is a pain. But don’t kid yourselves that him not getting over the CL hump wasn’t a reason. In their eyes the squad was stronger than last year and couldn’t repeat. 

Of course it was his choice. Anyone could see where it was going to go. Leave now after winning 83 percent of your games before they unceremoniously dump you like they do first chance they get. For a team that churns managers as much as Bayern you would think they were mid table team. 

If you're lucky the Gunners will hire him./media/kunena/emoticons/wink.png

Last edited:
Moose post=432202 said:

Moose, you are way off base, totally.

Back