Transfer portal

Rocket

I'm enjoying reading the transfer portal thread.  I would love to get one good shooting guard and a strong rebounding forward.
The only two players I remember seeing this season were Niagara guard Marcus Hammond who is a very good shooter who is not streaky like the two leaving us and I pulled up the tape of the SJU INDIANA game for Khristian Lander.  Even though Lander was a 5 star kid he had one of the worst seasons for a 5 star kid in a long time. Against St. John's he played 6 minutes and committed 3 fouls.  Maybe Butler will take a chance on him but I see zero interest from SJ. Even we are not that desperate.

Last edited:
I see that a St. John's walk-on  is in the portal.  Are non-scholarship walk-on players eligible
per transfer rules? 

Last edited:
Pat Rock post=465749 said:
I see that a St. John's walk-on  is in the portal.  Are non-scholarship walk-on players eligible
per transfer rules? 

Obviously not as the name is no longer on the portal.

Wheeler and Champangie while their scoring averages will be hard to replace. Both of them came up small in crunch time. Missed free throws, committed dumb fouls. And took I’ll advised shots. Hopefully the new guys can be more efficient
when it really counts. The last couple minutes in close games.
The 21-22 team would of had a much better record if one of them was more clutch!

Back