Too many nights like tonight

sjc88

2023 $upporter
 It kils me to say it. However, their have been far too many nights like tonight over the past few years. Down 20 at home in a very winnable game. We also are once again getting news of another player jumping off the ship. Sorry but this is very frustrating. No one can criticize people for not spending hard earned money even for a college team. 

It kils me to say it. However, their have been far too many nights like tonight over the past few years. Down 20 at home in a very winnable game. We also are once again getting news of another player jumping off the ship. Sorry but this is very frustrating. No one can criticize people for not spending hard earned money even for a college team. 
 You put it just the way it is. What we saw tonight was a bunch of kids who are out of gas. Maybe cutting back on practice, and giving the walkons some run is the way to go. It's not just the price of the ticket, but the time invested. That being said, we all hope for better times ahead.

Team was flatter than pancake tonight. By halftime you knew there wasn't going to be any clawing back. Before halftime I was checking the train schedule Maybe it was the Stith situation, maybe getting squashed by Syracuse at an unfriendly home game. Remember, just two games ago we were all extremely upbeat. They've just run into a rough patch and have to find the inner strength to rally through it - that's what winners do. 

High of the game was Mike Maher's birthday announced on the scoreboard.

Seems to me its not your business or concern how or when someone else spends their money.

That pretty much was the highlight. LOL Well that and it was still early enough for me to leave a great Peruvian dinner in queens

That pretty much was the highlight. LOL Well that and it was still early enough for me to leave a great Peruvian dinner in queens

Didn't notice that. Happy Belated Birthday!

No offense to you, but the highlight of that game was seeing Jamal White come and make two quick threes! :)

Belated Birthday wishes Michael!!
I hope you enjoyed your Peruvian dinner. Many people do not appreciate this South American food but I love it.
If you like steak at one third the price of Ruth Chris please take your lady to Chimu in Williamsburg. It is on Union Street. Also, the fried maize will go great with your beer(s). LOL!!!
As I spend a lot of time dining in Manhattan, especially after games, if, in the future, you want some true Peruvian nightclub atmosphere, a very close friend owns a place called TUTUMA Social Club. The Afro-Peruvian jazz is the best in NYC.
I will PM you the info.

Belated Birthday wishes Michael!!
I hope you enjoyed your Peruvian dinner. Many people do not appreciate this South American food but I love it.
If you like steak at one third the price of Ruth Chris please take your lady to Chimu in Williamsburg. It is on Union Street. Also, the fried maize will go great with your beer(s). LOL!!!
As I spend a lot of time dining in Manhattan, especially after games, if, in the future, you want some true Peruvian nightclub atmosphere, a very close friend owns a place called TUTUMA Social Club. The Afro-Peruvian jazz is the best in NYC.
I will PM you the info.
  I just pm'd you back.

Was at Ruth Chris 2 weeks ago. LOL

I've been to Chimu probably close to 10 times. I love that place. Awesome peruvian food. Been to Tutuma also. Great place.

Try Pio Pio. There are a bunch of them. We went to Pio Pio Riko on green point ave in sunny side after the game. Food is out of this world. You're right. I'd take them over Ruth Chris any day of the week.

Love south American food in general.

Actually planning on my next vacation going back to South America. Haven't booked everything yet but it's going to be a long one.

Looking like going back to Peru for a few days then off to Chile ( Santiago and then the wine country ) and then off to the end of the world to Patagonia. Just trying to work out final logistics over the next few days because it involves ALOT of flying 

And thanks for the bday wishes from you and tony in fairfield 

Didn't notice that. Happy Belated Birthday!

No offense to you, but the highlight of that game was seeing Jamal White come and make two quick threes! :)

Absolutely. We've had games where the entire tean had less after 40 minutes and he did it in under two!

The only issue I raised was people critcizing others on how they spend their money. Of course, in his post that's exactly what he tried to do.

then off to the end of the world to Patagonia.

I saw a picture/small article about a resort down there at literally the end of the world many years ago, and have fantasized about it ever since. Make sure you upload some pics to the site, and see if they have any 7-footers while you are down there.

I saw a picture/small article about a resort down there at literally the end of the world many years ago, and have fantasized about it ever since. Make sure you upload some pics to the site, and see if they have any 7-footers while you are down there.

Yeah awhile ago my girlfriend and I made up our own kind of travel bucket lists and Patagonia was right up near the top of the list. It all kind of works out because my girlfriend has to go to Peru for something else so might as well tie that into a separate vacation since I've already been to Peru 4 times I think. ( Lost track. lol )

Do you remember the name of the resort ? We are probably going to spend 7 or 8 days in different parts of Patagonia before heading back up to Santiago and haven't booked hotels yet.

I'll be on the lookout for 7 footers but if it's anything like Peru I'm going to be the tallest person around at 6ft 4 

Yeah awhile ago my girlfriend and I made up our own kind of travel bucket lists and Patagonia was right up near the top of the list. It all kind of works out because my girlfriend has to go to Peru for something else so might as well tie that into a separate vacation since I've already been to Peru 4 times I think. ( Lost track. lol )

Do you remember the name of the resort ? We are probably going to spend 7 or 8 days in different parts of Patagonia before heading back up to Santiago and haven't booked hotels yet.

I'll be on the lookout for 7 footers but if it's anything like Peru I'm going to be the tallest person around at 6ft 4 

I unfortunately don't remember the name, but it was right on the water and the article mentioned penguins and whales pretty much right there. I remember it saying something like a long bumpy bus ride to get there. The actual resort was beautiful and looked as warm and inviting as anyplace I'd ever seen up until that point. It may have been flanked by a ton of rocks. All of which provides you with no help at all. :lol: I regret not saving the article.

I unfortunately don't remember the name, but it was right on the water and the article mentioned penguins and whales pretty much right there. I remember it saying something like a long bumpy bus ride to get there. The actual resort was beautiful and looked as warm and inviting as anyplace I'd ever seen up until that point. It may have been flanked by a ton of rocks. All of which provides you with no help at all. :lol: I regret not saving the article.

Yeah that doesn't exactly narrow it down as much.LOL But yeah it's a long bumpy bus ride once you get to the southern most airport. I think it's some sort of long gravel road.The 1 bad thing I've already been told that since I'd be in Chile in April that the chances of seeing large penguin colonies is slim because of their migration patters.

That's a real bummer but there is a lot of other great stuff to do. Thinking about going white water rafting in patagonia. Class 3 rapids. We did white water rafting in Peru when we went to Machu Pichu a couple of years ago and that had some class 4 rapids and was an awesome adrenaline rush

This season there are a few teams fans that would identify with the title of this thread.

While not much was expected of our redmen once practice started and especially after Nurideen Lindsey quit the team, there are schools that began the year with experience and talent that are frustrating their fans as much, if not more, than St. John's.

Today Uconn is without a coach just like SJ and today they lost to Syracuse by 18 points. A few weeks ago Uconn was a top 10 team. They have two NBA first round players, yet they now have 9 losses and are unranked.

Today UCLA lost at home in front of 9,000 fans at the half-empty Sports Arena. They dismissed their best player. They too were nationally ranked in November.

Today Alabama lost to bottom-feeder LSU. A few weeks ago they were nationally ranked.
The bigger story at Bama is the dismissal of starters that made up the bulk of their scoring when they were nationally ranked. Kudos to coach Grant for scarificing the rest of the season in the name of integrity. What he said today should be quoted by every college coach to his players at the start of every season:

ESPN.com news services
Alabama has suspended JaMychal Green, Andrew Steele and Trevor Releford indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

The Crimson Tide (16-7, 5-4 SEC), who were already without the suspended Tony Mitchell, are now minus four of their top six scorers.

"We are extremely disappointed in the choices and decisions made by these young men that has led to this suspension," Alabama coach Anthony Grant said in a statement. "Talent is a gift, but character is a choice. The consequences of their choices have negatively impacted them as individuals and the people that love and support them.

"Our hope is that they will be mature enough to accept responsibility for their actions and place a higher value on their character."

Green leads Alabama in scoring (14.1 PPG) and rebounding (7.2 RPG). Collectively, Green, Mitchell, Releford and Steele combine to average 45.4 points per game, or 68 percent of Alabama's offensive output.

This season there are a few teams fans that would identify with the title of this thread.

While not much was expected of our redmen once practice started and especially after Nurideen Lindsey quit the team, there are schools that began the year with experience and talent that are frustrating their fans as much, if not more, than St. John's.

Today Uconn is without a coach just like SJ and today they lost to Syracuse by 18 points. A few weeks ago Uconn was a top 10 team. They have two NBA first round players, yet they now have 9 losses and are unranked.

Today UCLA lost at home in front of 9,000 fans at the half-empty Sports Arena. They dismissed their best player. They too were nationally ranked in November.

Today Alabama lost to bottom-feeder LSU. A few weeks ago they were nationally ranked.
The bigger story at Bama is the dismissal of starters that made up the bulk of their scoring when they were nationally ranked. Kudos to coach Grant for scarificing the rest of the season in the name of integrity. What he said today should be quoted by every college coach to his players at the start of every season:

ESPN.com news services
Alabama has suspended JaMychal Green, Andrew Steele and Trevor Releford indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

The Crimson Tide (16-7, 5-4 SEC), who were already without the suspended Tony Mitchell, are now minus four of their top six scorers.

"We are extremely disappointed in the choices and decisions made by these young men that has led to this suspension," Alabama coach Anthony Grant said in a statement. "Talent is a gift, but character is a choice. The consequences of their choices have negatively impacted them as individuals and the people that love and support them.

"Our hope is that they will be mature enough to accept responsibility for their actions and place a higher value on their character."

Green leads Alabama in scoring (14.1 PPG) and rebounding (7.2 RPG). Collectively, Green, Mitchell, Releford and Steele combine to average 45.4 points per game, or 68 percent of Alabama's offensive output.
They were suspended not dismissed as you stated. 

Back