St. John's Warrior Lax gear

Thanks for posting. The helmets look AWESOME! Love how they included one look with the shield. I always thought that was not used enough. See guys, this is my point...our baseball team gets awesome new jersey looks, our lax team gets awesome new gear, but we are clearly a basketball school and we have no prototypes for new jerseys? Why don't we have "Red Storm" alternatives on jerseys in script or something? Why don't we have throwback "Redmen" jerseys? I know that name was removed because of gripes with Indians even though it makes no sense because plenty of teams have Indian names, but isn't there a way to make a donation to some reservations or a Native American scholarship and make a deal to use it for a few games? There are so many possibilities. We can use "STJ" on the shorts in a cool font and spell it out on the jerseys. If we can incorporate the skyline in baseball and lax gear, no doubt we can do it for basketball.

By the way, what is the deal with those gray jerseys? Are they ever going to be worn? I know I talk about this stuff a ton, but I think it's a real thing we should improve. After Air Jordan dropped us, we have had no exciting new schemes. And they really do matter. Having a cool looking jersey can be the difference between people wearing it out in public and not buying it. For example, look at the auction on redstormsports.com right now. They are selling a HIDEOUS jersey that nobody wants. Do you know how many fans buy cool looking Cuse/UNC jerseys? The old school argyle on the sides for UNC, the cool orange and gray with color panels on the shorts for Cuse...we have red and black lines. That's it. No eye-popping stuff, no throwbacks, no experimentation with different color schemes, no experiments with other logos, no nothing. I was even thinking the gray/white/red color scheme with the shield (red) on the gray shorts instead of the "SJ" along with some kind of white and red design down the sides. I am no expert and I can already think outside of the box better than a Big East administration? Come on.

Back