St. John's Senior Grad Project

Hey Guys. At my high school we are required to do a senior grad project. The good thing is that we can do it on pretty much whatever we choose. I have chosen to do my project on the history of St. John's basketball. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendation as to what I should include in my project. I also have to interview someone that has something to do with what I am doing my project on. Do you guys know of anybody who would be availible for me to interview. Thanks

You may want to contact (via a letter) Coach Carnesecca.

Others you may want to contact would include former basketball stars and St. John's grads Mel Davis and Billy Schaeffer. Both are great guys and they both work at St. John's.

Alumnus Jim O'Connell wrote a book about the first 100yrs. of St. John's basketball. He is the # 1 guy at The AP for College Basketball.

Good Luck.

I would also recommend watching the video "From Redmen to Red Storm" and maybe even "The City's Champions" (the story of the 1985 Final Four Redmen team). I have them both on DVD if you have trouble finding them. Also, if time permits, you should read "Louie - In Season", Lou Carnesecca's auto-biography and "Lapchick" written by former St. John's player Gus Alferi. These 2 books cover the 2 most legendary coaches in St. John's history.

You can also call the Mens Basketball Office and ask if anyone is available for you to interview. Try Ron Linfonte the trainer for Mens Basketball. Phone # is 718-990-6225. 

Hey Guys. At my high school we are required to do a senior grad project. The good thing is that we can do it on pretty much whatever we choose. I have chosen to do my project on the history of St. John's basketball. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendation as to what I should include in my project. I also have to interview someone that has something to do with what I am doing my project on. Do you guys know of anybody who would be availible for me to interview. Thanks

Call Norm Roberts at the Univerity of Florida. He proclaimed to be an expert on the topic of St. johns hoops. Then again, he claimed to be a great recruiter, great at player development, stated he had ties to N Y C hoops and was a great molder of young men. Hmm, on second thought, don't bother. :unsure:

Call Norm Roberts at the Univerity of Florida. He proclaimed to be an expert on the topic of St. johns hoops. Then again, he claimed to be a great recruiter, great at player development, stated he had ties to N Y C hoops and was a great molder of young men. Hmm, on second thought, don't bother. :unsure:

That dead horse hasn't been beaten enough?

You may want to contact (via a letter) Coach Carnesecca.

Others you may want to contact would include former basketball stars and St. John's grads Mel Davis and Billy Schaeffer. Both are great guys and they both work at St. John's.

Alumnus Jim O'Connell wrote a book about the first 100yrs. of St. John's basketball. He is the # 1 guy at The AP for College Basketball.

Good Luck.

I always thought it would be terrific to write an inclusive history that would have indepth biographical sketches of every player who played here, with interviews of every living player. It would be nice to hear perceptions, anecdotes, and catch up on how their lives turned out.

A couple of years ago, I met Alagia at an event. 35 years later and he was lamenting the loss to Indiana in the Holiday Festival as if it were yesterday. All these guys have great stories that would be a fantastic read.

That dead horse hasn't been beaten enough?

Apparently not enough times for some on this board.

Back