SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll just say, watching most of our season, I would have never imagined Pitino enjoyed coaching Luis or would want him around. Coaches are willing to make sacrifices too. If he feels he can get through to kadary and that Kadary can help us win, I’m sure he’ll get over what we think.

I’ll just say, watching most of our season, I would have never imagined Pitino enjoyed coaching Luis or would want him around. Coaches are willing to make sacrifices too. If he feels he can get through to kadary and that Kadary can help us win, I’m sure he’ll get over what we think.
Body language doctors on the board here will be doing double shifts between Kadary and Luis.

He also said: https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/10/s...-richmond-after-guard-took-the-high-road.html

“Kadary never worked hard at the game. He never had coming in, didn’t work hard last year and really was not in the condition,” Boeheim said in an Oct. 22 interview with Brad Klein of WAER Sports. “He played 21 minutes a game and that was about all he could play. And he was hurt a lot, had a lot of setbacks.

“I just think Joe [Girard] was more consistent, obviously a better shooter, just a more consistent player. And people talk about Kadary’s steals, but Joe was second on the team and top 10 in the league in steals, so the defensive difference wasn’t that big. But I think Joe was just more solid, and obviously a much better outside shooter.”

Boeheim added: “But Kadary was good and that’s why he played 21 minutes a game. If he’d have come back he probably would’ve played 25-26 minutes a game this year and he chose Seton Hall. They have five guards so we’ll see how many minutes he’s going to play there. You just never know.”

This article is a read-between-the-lines thing, but clearly some type of miscommunication about role
Right, I vaguely recall that, but that was back in October 2021. Boeheim seems to recognize the guy's talents, but you're right. He's multi talented but also a tough, problematic, guy to fit into a team's culture.
Rick has to figure out if the trouble is worth it.

Body language doctors on the board here will be doing double shifts between Kadary and Luis.
I was thinking if Kadary and R.J. would mesh or clash. Will be very interesting if we do wind up signing Kadary.

I prefer Deivon but he may be out of reach. Hope Rick has magic along with $$$'s in his pocket.

No, in reality we both know he doesn’t give a damn what we think, nor should he, his job is to win. But the apparent hypocrisy matters to me; how much? I don’t know, but I’ll find out if SJU signs him.

Just doing some rough math on this. How much NIL $ have we burned through already for Zuby, Luis, Wilcher, Dunlap and the other original 8 players plus Iwuchukwu and Scott? My totally uneducated guess is that those 10 players must be accounting for at least $2 million in NIL. We were rumored to have around $3 million to work with. We need 3 more high quality players. But talking about landing guys like Richmond, who will be very expensive if he enters the portal, seems impossible unless our NIL is significantly greater than what was been reported.

I agree. So does fit, role, and chemistry.

He was a top 100 freshman too and usually they are given chances early…good until proven otherwise.
Xavier fans on the discord saw the tweet and immediately laughed about the idea of Pitino teaching him defense.

I agree. So does fit, role, and chemistry.

He was a top 100 freshman too and usually they are given chances early…good until proven otherwise.
Yeah I don’t think those last years numbers at Xavier are a complete indication that he can’t have a role in the BE

I was thinking if Kadary and R.J. would mesh or clash. Will be very interesting if we do wind up signing Kadary.
Kadary was arguably the best player in the league last season. If he wants to come here you take him and let the Hall of Fame coach figure it out. Thats what he gets paid for. As far as Kadary’s shortcomings, he’s not Curbelo as some on here have portrayed him. I would welcome Kadary with open arms.

Red shirt or not he still gets whatever nil money he contracted for.
I’d argue one of the most valuable NIL was a redshirt last year and it probably made the program money. Of course it was Arch Manning and the program was UT football so maybe apples to oranges.

That’s a good point. I remember reading Boeheim raving about him this past season, but that would only pertain to on the court.
Judging by Boeheim’s players and assistant coaches his has hired, I wouldn’t go to him for ‘character reference’.

Kadary was arguably the best player in the league last season. If he wants to come here you take him and let the Hall of Fame coach figure it out. Thats what he gets paid for. As far as Kadary’s shortcomings, he’s not Curbelo as some on here have portrayed him. I would welcome Kadary with open arms.
If you think it is only about talent you do, but I don’t buy at all the Pitino is some kind of “he can solve anything because he is in the HOF” infallible wizard. He couldn’t figure it out last year until it was too late, not a knock at all, just an acknowledgement he is human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back