SJU 19 Season

I don't follow soccer much but remembered how exciting it was when they one the Nat champ in '96 while I was attending. Had solid seasons after that but the last few years have been tough.

Would be nice to see them have a great year.

Last edited:
2-0 road win over Creighton. Another clean sheet, five in a row. Our D looks great. # 14 lively again. Petridis went off in the 1H with what looked like a hamstring injury. He has been a solid performer. According to Creighton commentary we are #1 in an RPI poll?

Virginia went 1-1 this week. Beat # 18 James Madison, but lost at home to Pitt on Friday too. So they are 11-1-1.

Last edited:
[quote="RedStormNC" post=360347]Virginia went 1-1 this week. Beat # 18 James Madison, but lost at home to Pitt on Friday too. So they are 11-1-1.[/quote]
So maybe we ascend to numero uno!

From SJU's website: "Wednesday's match against the Hoyas, who defeated Maryland and Xavier this past week, will decide first place in the league standings with just a few conference games remaining. The game has the potential to be the first all-top 10 regular season match at Belson Stadium since Sept. 26, 2008, when the No. 4 Red Storm defeated No. 5 Connecticut, 3-1"

[quote="RedStormNC" post=360648]Tough loss.

Hoped they were going to avoid a shutout[/quote]

Back to earth... regroup for the Hall

I was at the game last night and have to admit they looked terrible out there. Georgetown could have scored 4-5 goals easily.

1-1 draw (or tie even) against a not very good Seton Hall team this evening. We have hit a bit of a rough patch.

Hit a rough patch but still overall the season has been crazy good. A top 5 team nationally? That will get you noticed for sure. My friend coaches soccer in HS and I told him to tell the kids about our soccer team. They have been watching.

Not a good way to end the season with 2 straight losses to the Friars the last being in the BE tournament. Selection for the NCAA tournament is on Monday.

Back