SJU 19 Season

This is great news. I fondly remember attending several games on campus as well as two College Cup Final Fours (early 2000's?) with my departed and very good friend Northshore, God bless him. They were an excellent team and just haven't been the same for a while.

Ninth-ranked Men’s Soccer vs. No. 19 Xavier, TOMORROW NIGHT, 7 pm

Tailgating, giveaways, and nationally-ranked soccer – what better Friday night in Queens can you come up?. This is going to be great – and our campus will be abuzz as the men’s soccer squad under the direction of head coach Dave Masur is off to its best start EVER. Pretty amazing – considering this is a program that has won a national championship and annually competes for Big East title honors. Come join us for the fun in Belson Stadium … and if you have never been … put it on your “to do” list for great sports and family entertainment.

Anyone know what happened with Masur? Did he turn a new leaf?

2011 was the last really good team. You could say 2012 and 13 were solid as well but other than that it’s been mediocre for years.

[quote="Delaware" post=358243]Nice to have a team in the Top 10![/quote]

Maybe even Top 5 next week.

Next game is another big test, this time @ #25 Maryland. Monday at 7 PM.

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=358248]Big crowd tonight ?[/quote]

According to the game recap, 1,653. It was our largest attendance in almost 5 years.

I'll have to try and get out there before the season ends, but there's only 3 or 4 home games left.

[quote="SJU61982" post=358249][quote="mjmaherjr" post=358248]Big crowd tonight ?[/quote]

According to the game recap, 1,653. It was our largest attendance in almost 5 years.

I'll have to try and get out there before the season ends, but there's only 3 or 4 home games left.[/quote]

Good game for Cole to attend. Wonder if they brought him there

Last edited:
[quote="Moose" post=358238]Anyone know what happened with Masur? Did he turn a new leaf?

2011 was the last really good team. You could say 2012 and 13 were solid as well but other than that it’s been mediocre for years.[/quote]

Ask TIS he wanted him fired a few years back.

Another W, 1-0 over Butler at their place. Impressive # of foreign players on our roster: Germany, Portugal, England, Norway, France, Israel, Canada and of course US all represented.

Back