Season ticket holders

simplyred

Why do we get mediocre seats---closer to the baselines at MSG and in the upper sections at CA---while single game purchasers get better seats. Those seats that could be filled with Johnnies fans are either empty or occupied by opposing fans. It makes no sense. St. John's season ticket holders should be put in the best seats. Then, the remaining seats should be offered in mini plans or single game packages to our fans before they are sold to the general public.

I've only had season tix for about 5 years, but there are 30 year season ticket holders sitting near me in the upper section of CA. I know that the school wants to leaverage the better seats to get Red White donations from fans, but it makes no sense not to reward long-time ticket holders.

I'm not in the Red White club, but I'm fine with where my seats are.

Section 3, Row FF in CA,

Section 108, Row 5 at MSG

Season tickets at MSG have always been baseline, behind the bench, near the 3-pt line. The tunnel prevented MSG from having seats at mid-court, that were really close.

My angle now is about the same as the old one. I suppose I could get used to more center-court, but I'm so used to the view I have now, that it doesn't bother me. 

Why do we get mediocre seats---closer to the baselines at MSG and in the upper sections at CA---while single game purchasers get better seats. Those seats that could be filled with Johnnies fans are either empty or occupied by opposing fans. It makes no sense. St. John's season ticket holders should be put in the best seats. Then, the remaining seats should be offered in mini plans or single game packages to our fans before they are sold to the general public.

I've only had season tix for about 5 years, but there are 30 year season ticket holders sitting near me in the upper section of CA. I know that the school wants to leaverage the better seats to get Red White donations from fans, but it makes no sense not to reward long-time ticket holders.

Isn't there more than one price for season tickets? Maybe you have a package that calls for the location you are in. Mine are $604/seat this year and I can't complain (Sect 3 lower level at CA and Sect 119 at The Gargden - which is fairly low down and on the baseline we attack towards in the first half). The face price on the MSG ticket is $65 (I think) but the $604 works out less than the sum of all of the tickets.

Maybe there are more expensive packages as well as less expensive.

Isn't there more than one price for season tickets? Maybe you have a package that calls for the location you are in. Mine are $604/seat this year and I can't complain (Sect 3 lower level at CA and Sect 119 at The Gargden - which is fairly low down and on the baseline we attack towards in the first half). The face price on the MSG ticket is $65 (I think) but the $604 works out less than the sum of all of the tickets.

There was an offer in the order form for a more expensive package that included a lower bowl seat at CA. When I called about it, I was told that they were all sold out. When I sit in my lofty perch above, I see plenty of empty seats. Whoever purchased them would rather stay home and watch on tv. My bigger complaint is MSG. They sit season ticket holders toward the baseline while selling the middle sections to the general public.

There was an offer in the order form for a more expensive package that included a lower bowl seat at CA. When I called about it, I was told that they were all sold out. When I sit in my lofty perch above, I see plenty of empty seats. Whoever purchased them would rather stay home and watch on tv. My bigger complaint is MSG. They sit season ticket holders toward the baseline while selling the middle sections to the general public.

Don't know how true that is for MSG. All the ppl in my section are familar faces.

Back