RJ Luis Injury

Bingo - why you recruit depth. Will give others a chance to step-up and play early.
Thank G-D for the timing.

Even though we are really deep, it's still hard to
replace the guy most of us feel was destined
to be a star for us and having NBA potential.

Timing is everything, a late November return will work for RJ and us.
"Look for the Silver Lining."
This is a good time to perfect your moves and shots going right.

As others have already noted, not a weight bearing injury, it’s October 3rd, it’s not his shooting hand and it’s a fracture, not a ligament or muscle injury.

Heal up, take your time, and let your boys pick you up during your time out. 👍

I think this could allow the staff / fans to see some interesting rotations as well. Luis was trending towards being the starter at the 3 from what I gathered. So if you slot in Alleyne or Taylor there that's a new look (presuming Jenkins, Dingle, Ledlum, Soriano take the other 4 spots, I'd be shocked if it was anyone else. I know Zuby is getting a lot of hype but I can't see him starting over Joel) Once Dunlap's ankle is healed up he could slot into the 3 spot as well. We might even see a few minutes, albeit sparingly, of Ledlum Zuby, Soriano on the floor at once. I doubt that's much of an option but would be interest to see if it would work for short bursts.

I think this could allow the staff / fans to see some interesting rotations as well. Luis was trending towards being the starter at the 3 from what I gathered. So if you slot in Alleyne or Taylor there that's a new look (presuming Jenkins, Dingle, Ledlum, Soriano take the other 4 spots, I'd be shocked if it was anyone else. I know Zuby is getting a lot of hype but I can't see him starting over Joel) Once Dunlap's ankle is healed up he could slot into the 3 spot as well. We might even see a few minutes, albeit sparingly, of Ledlum Zuby, Soriano on the floor at once. I doubt that's much of an option but would be interest to see if it would work for short bursts.
I think the Zuby hype from Pitino could be a motivating tactic for Joel

He is not gone for the season.

Also injuries are part of the sport. Donovan Clingan is going to miss a month.

Xavier lost TWO key players for the ENTIRE SEASON, Zach Freemantle and Jerome Hunter.

Let's not act like SJU has some crazy bad luck relative to other programs.
Off hand injury is no big deal. I’d be more concerned if it was a knee/ankle etc. he will be back soon enough and fine. Clingan’s injury is much more worrisome because foot injuries for. If guys are often chronic problems and going back to running and jumping brings those problems right back. Rest up RJ!

I think the Zuby hype from Pitino could be a motivating tactic for Joel
I think that's a possibility, although the Zuby hype hasn't stopped since he committed from talking to probably 30 people who are either on staff or watched a practice so far. It's been very consistent with how well he's played and how much effort he's putting out there. Iron sharpens iron, so this is only a good thing for St. John's and with his youth, Zuby could be on a very quick trajectory.

Fingers crossed for Luis, hope he can get shots up sooner rather than later!

I’m not worried. I was worried when Soriano went down. Luis was smiling and signing autographs with ice and it’s non shooting. Blame Eric for the strong handshake
I did fist bump him. The right lol. He did have a lot of ice on that hand though. Which was good. Ice is best friend at that point.

Zuby was the best big on the floor on Sunday. This is not a knock on ledlum or Soriano. He just looked that good free throws aside

Back