RIP Jim Brown

Mr Brown may the angels meet you at the gates. A real GOAT and like Babe Ruth dominated everyone during the time he played. Still considered one of the greatest Lacrosse payer.

He could have played in ANY era. But also remarkable he was a truly awful person and it’s merely a footnote.

Still considered by many the greatest football player of all time. Also starred in basketball and lacrosse. They used to call me Jimmy Brown when we played football…in elementary school. After that not so much.
Was it because you were 15 and still in sixth grade? 🤔

Generally regarded as the greatest lacrosse player ever. Manhasset HS and Syracuse U. Graciously credits Manhasset HS teachers for getting him to focus on academics. Always spoke his mind, popular or not. Not a blind follower. I respect that.

Interesting tidbit about Jim Brown. Only NFL player to win MVP and ROY in same season. Here's a follow up trivia question: 2 MLB and 2 NBA players accomplished that same feat. Who were they? 2 NHL players did it as well hit that was back in the 1920s, so I didn't include them.

Interesting tidbit about Jim Brown. Only NFL player to win MVP and ROY in same season. Here's a follow up trivia question: 2 MLB and 2 NBA players accomplished that same feat. Who were they? 2 NHL players did it as well hit that was back in the 1920s, so I didn't include them.
Fred Lynn is one MLB. Going to guess maybe Chamberlain and Alcindor in NBA, although Bird really turned Boston around incredibly in year one.

Fred Lynn is one MLB. Going to guess maybe Chamberlain and Alcindor in NBA, although Bird really turned Boston around incredibly in year one.
Right on Lynn and Chamberlain. The late great Vida Blue would have won all 3 big awards but just barely did not qualify for ROY

Right on Lynn and Chamberlain. The late great Vida Blue would have won all 3 big awards but just barely did not qualify for ROY
It's a great trivia question Monte, so i had to look up the answer. Thank you!

The MLB part is a bit of a trick question and you know why.

The NBA answer is of course factually correct but I still like my answer of Bird better since he immediately transformed that franchise from a very bad team to a very good one. They improved 32 games, winning 61 after only 29 the year before. Birds stat line was 21 ppg, 10 reb, 4.5 assists.

The person who did win roy and mvp averaged 13 ppg and 18 rebounds. Great player; almost forgotten, but not in same category as Bird. His team improved 21 games over the previous year.

Chamberlain of course, was a dominant force fron day 1.

Jim Brown was incredible player. Sorry for those too young to have seen him other than in film in his later years. He was the slowest ball carrier to get up after getting tackled looking like he was greatly hurt and on the next play would burst through the line. His reasoning was to create a persona that folks would not know if he had been hurt or not. Jim was also the only ball carrier to play without hip pads. He was one tough dude!

It's a great trivia question Monte, so i had to look up the answer. Thank you!

The MLB part is a bit of a trick question and you know why.

The NBA answer is of course factually correct but I still like my answer of Bird better since he immediately transformed that franchise from a very bad team to a very good one. They improved 32 games, winning 61 after only 29 the year before. Birds stat line was 21 ppg, 10 reb, 4.5 assists.

The person who did win roy and mvp averaged 13 ppg and 18 rebounds. Great player; almost forgotten, but not in same category as Bird. His team improved 21 games over the previous year.

Chamberlain of course, was a dominant force fron day 1.
When NYU with Kramer and Hairston blew out Syracuse with Dave Bing and Jim Boeheim in the back court at the old Garden on 49th St. in 1963, Jim Brown was still the all-time basketball leading scorer in the history of the Orange.

On topic, which is about the passing of the greatest running back of all time, great all around athlete and a great man. Just search for Richard Pryor’s “what you gonna do” routine to understand a small measure of the man.
Off topic, Vida Blue is also the answer to a very tricky baseball trivia question; he is the last switch hitter to be named AL MVP.

Back