Restaurant Week

gman

Staff member
 Anyone try and good places so far? Anyone have reservations set up?

I was just looking at Black Ducks menu, and it looks very disappointing. I need to find my girlfriend and her roommates a place to try in the Gramercy area. Time to go searching.  Early thought is Mesa Grill. I haven't been to any of Flay's places.

I was just looking at Black Ducks menu, and it looks very disappointing. I need to find my girlfriend and her roommates a place to try in the Gramercy area. Time to go searching.  Early thought is Mesa Grill. I haven't been to any of Flay's places.
  Going to Beacon tuesday. Was going to go somewhere this past friday last moment but wasn't in the mood for 3 courses so just went downtown to Euzkadi for tapas.

Going to pick another 1 or 2 places. Was thinking of trying that Sho Shaun Hergatt since its down in the financial area and I need to head over there one day.

Not in the Gramercy area, but I'm a big fan of Bar Americain. Funny enough, Eric Ripert was eating lunch there two of the times I was there.

Went to Black Duck. We ate off the regular menu not the rest week menu.

Started with really good duck confit sliders. Dinner was ribeye for me and duck breast for my girlfriend. The ribeye was overcooked and had too much of a char taste. The duck was really good. The sides of garlic mash and potatoes au gratin were great. Another nice touch was they had a fairly inexpensive wine menu. I'm not a big wine guy, so haven't a few options in the 30-40 range was good for me.

Up next on the list to try is Swine. New gastropub in the west village with some ties to my favorite place Joseph Leonards.

Back