Pray for Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
i attend a small orthodox synagogue where we are 20 people who regularly attend services. 1 man was so proud that his son, mid to late 20s, moved to Israel 2 weeks ago. He was killed early Saturday morning. He called his father to tell him what was going on and his poor father was on the phone with him when he was murdered. Beyond tragic. He may have been blown up as there was an explosion. No body as of now, can’t repatriate it to bury, no funeral as of now, just a disaster.

i attend a small orthodox synagogue where we are 20 people who regularly attend services. 1 man was so proud that his son, mid to late 20s, moved to Israel 2 weeks ago. He was killed early Saturday morning. He called his father to tell him what was going on and his poor father was on the phone with him when he was murdered. Beyond tragic. He may have been blown up as there was an explosion. No body as of now, can’t repatriate it to bury, no funeral as of now, just a disaster.
💔

I seen a video of a festival in the desert where there was a concert and everyone was dancing and having a great time, then the camera looks up at the sky and zoomed in, it showed Hamas parachuting in, the next clip show them running to try and get away. I won't get into the details, but that's unthinkable, looked like from the movie Red Dawn.

I seen tonight that 260 bodies were removed from the concert area.

God bless Israel.

It is very difficult for me to speak about this right now. Somehow in the news accounts of these horrific events words some fail to hit the core of our humanity. Your post accurately communicates the connection all Jews have to Israel in varying degrees and all Gentiles for that matter, too.

My former business partner, like you, is Orthodox. He yearned to live in Israel, the promised land, a nation created in the shadows of unthinkable genocide. Back in 1948, the creation of Israel was spoken as Jewish homeland in Palestine. My company had another long term Orthodox Jewish employee. They both spoke of Israel as a shimmering, beautiful country where the felt safer than they did here in the U.S. Of course, the sheer notion of a Jewish homeland in Palestine is accompanied by the enormous cost of protection from those who would seek to destroy it. We cannot separate the barbaric carnage from the fact that those murdered victims were killed because they were Jewish.

Floods of emotions and intellectual response. Attempts to sort through the boiling rage of crimes against humanity. Trying to understand the landscape and motivations behind the attacks. Fear of what comes next. Since the dawn of man, we have committed unthinkable atrocities against God, against brother, against each other.

In the bloodied remains of hundreds of bodies who began this weekend just going about their civilian lives, enjoying friends at a rave, safe in the sanctity of their homes, observing shabot and Simcha Torah - to have their lives brutally taken, slaughtered in ways we don't treat cattle going to market.

We often in exasperation and hopelessness utter the phrase "God help us.' It seems empty, spoken because there are no other answers.

Solutions? There are none that will remedy the unthinkable losses of people in your small congregation Aubie, for the parents whose child was murdered in a planned act of vengence. What comes next will be swift and more bloodshed where the most consolation as humans will that those who will pay for this atrocity will be killed with more regard for their humanity than the innocent victims slaughtered on Saturday.

It took me almost 20 years to visit the site of the 9-11 atrocities. My emotions though numbed by time haven"t changed. Intense paralytic rage, horrible sadness, and palpable grief for those lost and those who remain.

Last edited:

So sad and so inhumane..
People in my family that are in their 30s and 40s, some here
on business, all having their own young families
and are in the Israeli reserves are being called
back into active duty.

Not one of them is upset about being called back.

They can't wait to get home and fight for their country, "ERETZ."
True love of country is a winner. Wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back