Please Make This New year’s Resolution

otis

Staff member
2022 $upporter Moderator
Pretty near every person reading this post has turned a blind eye to making a voluntary donation to help Paul (the owner of this site) defray his out of pocket costs of operation and reimburse him for the hundreds of hours of his time to keep the site running.

The cold hard fact is that only about five percent (5%) of the posters on the site have ever made a donation to the site.

Let me say that disappointing statistic in another way: ninety five percent (95%) of the people reading this post have neglected or refused to ever donate for site maintenance.

Yes, I understand that a handful of people reading this message may not be financially able and they should not donate, but the overwhelming- overwhelming majority of those reading this message are able to donate $5, $25, $50, $100, or some other sum but they refuse and neglect to make a donation despite the fact that they visit the site 2, 3, 5, 10 times a day.

In past years Paul has had the opportunity to integrate this site into the Rivals and 24/7 networks but has declined to do so because he wants the site to be available for free to the masses.

My recommendation to Paul is that if such a large percent of posters continue to take the cheap way out, and neglect to donate then he should reconsider his decision to stay independent and free.

Based upon the above I respectfully request that you make the New Years Resolution to make a donation to “Red Fans” (f/k/a “Redmen.com) by hitting the “Donate” key above.

Best wishes to you and yours for a happy and healthy 2023.

Thanks.

Pretty near every person reading this post has turned a blind eye to making a voluntary donation to help Paul (the owner of this site) defray his out of pocket costs of operation and reimburse him for the hundreds of hours of his time to keep the site running.

The cold hard fact is that only about five percent (5%) of the posters on the site have ever made a donation to the site.

Let me say that disappointing statistic in another way: ninety five percent (95%) of the people reading this post have neglected or refused to ever donate for site maintenance.

Yes, I understand that a handful of people reading this message may not be financially able and they should not donate, but the overwhelming- overwhelming majority of those reading this message are able to donate $5, $25, $50, $100, or some other sum but they refuse and neglect to make a donation despite the fact that they visit the site 2, 3, 5, 10 times a day.

In past years Paul has had the opportunity to integrate this site into the Rivals and 24/7 networks but has declined to do so because he wants the site to be available for free to the masses.

My recommendation to Paul is that if such a large percent of posters continue to take the cheap way out, and neglect to donate then he should reconsider his decision to stay independent and free.

Based upon the above I respectfully request that you make the New Years Resolution to make a donation to “Red Fans” (f/k/a “Redmen.com) by hitting the “Donate” key above.

Best wishes to you and yours for a happy and healthy 2023.

Thanks.
I just donated, happy new year and thanks Paul and all the moderators for providing us a forum to follow our beloved Johnnie's.
Thanks again, Tommy O.

Would it be appropriate to post a target dollar amount that red.com would need to fund the site for an entire season?
Like a Go Fund Me format, Paul can establish the target and we can contribute towards that goal.
Heck, I may venture a guess that a few of us could probably cover the entire amount.

Just so you all know, donations to the site cover less than 5% of the costs and Paul covers every penny of the 95%.

Man up!

Back