Patience

mchin

Hoping people enjoy the effort of the youngsters and give the coaches and team a chance. Donnie Walsh had a Three Year Plan and the Knicks are only now starting to show signs of coming together. Maybe Linsanity can help glue all the pieces together!!!

Lavin is only in Year Two with his FIRST group of recruits after the previous staff gave him an UNPRECEDENTED top heavy senior class.

We almost hit the LOTTERY if all the recruits made it to campus this year. They didn't. We ONLY got 4 consensus top 100 recruits and an unheralded bulls in Phil and Gift.

It was only yesterday that we were cheering for a group of kids that made it to the NCAA's with only ONE top 100 kid in JB1.

This group has POTENTIAL. Let's see what the team looks like after ONLY the SECOND full recruiting season completed by the current staff. Let's wait until after the spring signing period. If you were 30 minutes into a 1 hour test it would be unfair for me to call YOU A FAILURE. For all I know you could still get an A. We already have top 50 transfer Branch. Can't wait to see who else we get!!!

Hoping to see the kids A game today from the TALENTED YOUNG CORE!!!

Also, I really appreciate all the die-hards on this site. Some are definitely more frustrated than others. I would hope we try to remain positive and use the site to encourage the current team and future recruits. Negativity can only hurt. Being critical is fine, but let's try to be fair. It really is only the second full year. 

Well said - it's human to wax and wane in regard to moods about the team. So much more good than not which I have posted before.

We have relatively quickly come so far from the MIddle Ages marked by Sir Roberts and Friar Jarvis; now we no longer joust but recruit; we are involved with top kids competing against the best programs which never occurred since the last century; we gain positive publicity and are relevant; have $$$ pouring or at least trickling into the coffers; enjoy a top ten staff; have better campus facilities and an upgraded MSGarden where, I believe, SJU has its own locker room!

When I get to my office this week I will insert here some wonderful quotations about patience stemming from Roman Days onward. He who has patience can have what he will (author?) - P. J. Carlesimo took a decade to finally get Seton Hall on the map. We are a year into the Lavin regime.

It's a definite problem for current generations who have everything going SO FAST and many are SO IMPATIENT (Being human I am no better).

all the best. 

And oh yes, what did that little spoiled girl in Willy Wonka pout: "I want it now!"  :holdbreath: 

I have noticed that Redmen Mike is only a Junior Boarder. I am only a Senior Boarder. We want to become master boarders with basketball influence to infinity and beyond and we wan that change made NOW by the powers to be - I think. Oh wait, on second thought, it's okay as is for now.

all the best again

Back