Oh boy……

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what “this “ refers to.
Loosing to undefeated Uconn in league play by a large margin is not surprising at all. It is very standard. Geno is the all time third highest winning bball coach men’s and women’s and may end up the highest before he retires. Remember Uconn may win it all this season, Page Bueckers is back and healthy. I think she missed the better part of last 2 seasons.

Loosing to undefeated Uconn in league play by a large margin is not surprising at all. It is very standard. Geno is the all time third highest winning bball coach men’s and women’s and may end up the highest before he retires. Remember Uconn may win it all this season, Page Bueckers is back and healthy. I think she missed the better part of last 2 seasons.
Look at the picture, it’s pretty clear what the “this”refers to. I thought we were done with that sort of thing. Sports and politics do not mix and for the sake of enjoying an athletic event should be kept out of the sports arena.

In terms of UConn, we have not nor were we ever in a league with them at least not as long as Auriemma is there. While I don’t always believe that Tartamela does a great job, judging him based on a loss to UConn no matter how bad is not quite fair. On how he dies vs tge rest of tge league woukd be.

Last edited:
Look at the picture, it’s pretty clear what the “this”refers to. I thought we were done with that sort of thing. Sports and politics do not mix and for the sake of enjoying an athletic event should be kept out of the sports arena.
Old white guys trying to always have things done their way is pretty much the crux of the argument, no?

If this takes away from your enjoyment of the game, you really have major issues.

Old white guys trying to always have things done their way is pretty much the crux of the argument, no?

If this takes away from your enjoyment of the game, you really have major issues.
Old white guys? That’s a rather racist comment wouldn’t you say? Kind of silly to assume I’m even white. Just as this site directs politics to stay away, so should sports. I guess the entire site is run by old white guys who don’t think politics should mix with discussion of sports. . Thanks for clearing that up.

Old white guys? That’s a rather racist comment wouldn’t you say? Kind of silly to assume I’m even white. Just as this site directs politics to stay away, so should sports. I guess the entire site is run by old white guys who don’t think politics should mix with discussion of sports. . Thanks for clearing that up.

You're new here but you catch on fast.

We get it, shut up and dribble. LOL

In terms of UConn, we have not nor were we ever in a league with them at least not as long as Auriemma is there. While I don’t always believe that Tartamela does a great job, judging him based on a loss to UConn no matter how bad is not quite fair. On how he dies vs tge rest of tge league woukd be.
You still have not said what you are referring to , why beat around the bush ?
Who said we are done with mixing sports and politics ? You. when Did you become the supreme authority ? And you are the only poster to have brought up the fact that a player is kneeling , only you are making it an issue. SMH

The way this topic devolved to divisive name calling is specifically the reason mods have wisely chosen to caution and mostly forbid topics of religion and politics on here.

For newer posters, in the past these discussions have never ended well. The subject alluded to here has been discussed ad nauseum during the Colin Kaepernick days with few if any minds being changed, but did result in vitriol hurled back and forth.

There are plenty of social media sites to discuss this matter. Generally, the same vitriol results.

Red.fans is to discuss our shared love of Red Storm basketball, and we find there is plenty enough to argue about without wandering into R&P.

The way this topic devolved to divisive name calling is specifically the reason mods have wisely chosen to caution and mostly forbid topics of religion and politics on here.

For newer posters, in the past these discussions have never ended well. The subject alluded to here has been discussed ad nauseum during the Colin Kaepernick days with few if any minds being changed, but did result in vitriol hurled back and forth.

There are plenty of social media sites to discuss this matter. Generally, the same vitriol results.

Red.fans is to discuss our shared love of Red Storm basketball, and we find there is plenty enough to argue about without wandering into R&P.
Interesting Beast. My point was that I was sorry to see politics mixed in with hoops and supporting the boards stance on not mixing political discussion with discussion of Johnny hoops didn’t count on the reception I received. Being called an old white man, told to shut up and being accused of being a Supreme authority are interesting takes on echoing a theme that is something the site aspires to. But hey, I get it, I’m new to the site and fair game and understand that seniority here gives license to such remarks. I won’t engage in back and forth name calling cause disrespect and name calling are for cowards to hide behind a computer screen rather then confronting someone in person. Oh well back to the discussion of Johnny hoops.

Interesting Beast. My point was that I was sorry to see politics mixed in with hoops and supporting the boards stance on not mixing political discussion with discussion of Johnny hoops didn’t count on the reception I received. Being called an old white man, told to shut up and being accused of being a Supreme authority are interesting takes on echoing a theme that is something the site aspires to. But hey, I get it, I’m new to the site and fair game and understand that seniority here gives license to such remarks. I won’t engage in back and forth name calling cause disrespect and name calling are for cowards to hide behind a computer screen rather then confronting someone in person. Oh well back to the discussion of Johnny hoops.
Hey I wasn't pointing at you specifically and while not a mod I would say that injecting race into any discussion about basketball no matter by whom is not a healthy thing. No one gets seniority privileges here regarding such talk.

Look at our girls! They look defeated before the game even began!,
Does this picture exude confidence ?
I don't give a crap about the social justice warrior on full scholarship on her knee because she should have been praying that her team did not get embarrassed.
I happened to have wasted a few hours of my life at this game with 5 other people.
Yes, Uconn is always good because they sign elite players but they came into this particular game hurting.
Our play was atrocious from every technical standpoint you can imagine.
Our players were not ready for the game mentally and that, sir is written on the faces of Mr. Donovan's posted picture.
Finally, for those that turned this into a race issue, shame on you!
When you are wearing a St. John's uniform and the national amthem is playing, show some loyalty and pride to your country and your school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back