NYT - Course in Improvisation

ctstorm

2023 $upporter 2022 $upporter
 http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/sports/ncaabasketball/at-st-johns-a-course-in-improvisation.html

If you take a step back and look at what the St.John's players have gone through this season and we should be very proud of the spirit that they have shown on and off of the court.

The St.John's players arrived at campus and were told that 3 of their teammates had not qualified and they would have to play with a short roster.

The St.John's players were told the coach they wanted to play for would not coach them this season.

The St.John's players were told that the overrated junior college point guard that was to be their leader was quittng because of his lack of personal success.

The St.John's players were forced to plays with just 6 kids for a streatch of games after the quitter,quit.

The St.John's players have sustained more losses than they ever anticipated this season but nevertheless continue to play hard for the entire 40 minutes each game. I have not seen them give up in any game this season as some players may do.

The fact is that the 6 freshmen on the St.John's roster did not sign up to be an undermanned team of just 6 ot 7 players team but they have accepted that challenge and played hard each and every game. In my opinion Dunlap has done a good job with the hand that he has been dealt.

These kids have earned our collective respect and support. 

If you take a step back and look at what the St.John's players have gone through this season and we should be very proud of the spirit that they have shown on and off of the court.

The St.John's players arrived at campus and were told that 3 of their teammates had not qualified and they would have to play with a short roster.

The St.John's players were told the coach they wanted to play for would not coach them this season.

The St.John's players were told that the overrated junior college point guard that was to be their leader was quittng because of his lack of personal success.

The St.John's players were forced to plays with just 6 kids for a streatch of games after the quitter,quit.

The St.John's players have sustained more losses than they ever anticipated this season but nevertheless continue to play hard for the entire 40 minutes each game. I have not seen them give up in any game this season as some players may do.

The fact is that the 6 freshmen on the St.John's roster did not sign up to be an undermanned team of just 6 ot 7 players team but they have accepted that challenge and played hard each and every game. In my opinion Dunlap has done a good job with the hand that he has been dealt.

Agree Otis. I love this team. In the next year or two they will have their coach back, a full roster and the success on the court that they deserve.

Well said otis. I applaud the players for doing as well as they have given the circumstances they have been dealing with.

Back