NY Giants

After last night's injury I count 66 active players with a chance to make the roster. Add Barden and Koets on PUP and your at 68, trying to cut 15 guys to get down to 53.

I did my best but this is what I came up with.

QB (2)- Manning, Carr
RB (4)- Bradshaw, Jacobs, and 2 of the group of Ware, Scott and Brown. I think Ware is Coughlin favorite, I could honestly care less. I like Scott though and hope he sticks.
FB (1)- Hynoski
WR (6)- Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, Cruz, Jernigan, Thomas. I can't stand Reynauld. Worry about Barden if and when he's ever healthy. Cut Clayton. Still confused why they never brought back Hagan who had rapport with Eli.
TE (3)- Beckum, Pascoe, Ballard. Cut Coats.
OL (9)- Beatty, Deihl, McKenzie, Brewer, Andrews, Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Baas
DE (5)- Tuck, JPP, Osi, Canty, Tollefson
DT (4)- Joseph, Austin, Bernard, (Jimmy Kennedy who I thought signed)
LB (7)- Kiwi, Boley, Goff, DeOssie (snapper), Jones, Tracy, Herzlich
CB (5)- Webster, Ross, 3 other CBs. With Witherspoon out now this position is even more thin.
S (3)- Rolle, Phillips, Grant
K (1)- Lloyd. I would cut Tynes. Minimizing the special teams blow and having the big kickoff leg is huge.
P (1)- Weatherford. I know Dodge has punted well so far but can't make mistake again. Even though its pricier move its no brainer.

Thats 51 players with 3 on PUP- Barden, Koets and Amukamara so there is some wiggle room to carry others until those 3 are healthy.

Practice Squad- Not sure how many are on there but I'd like to see Perilloux, the RB who is cut, Sash, Jaquan Williams, another cut LB  

And now Marvin Austin is out for the yr with a torn pec. You can remove him from my list and add Gabe Watson as the 4th DT.

Unreal the injuries are.

I dont get why we always have these type of injuries, is it our training program or are we just cursed? Every year we get depleted with injuries so frustrating

Two years ago the Giants never turned the ball over, last year that is all they did. Watching the specials perform Monday, albeit in a preseason game, was encouraging. If the team comes somewhere in the middle in both those areas they still win 10 games, even with a brutal second half schedule.

Also, I think Mike Vick will not have as good a year. The league caught up to him after the Giants game.

After last night's injury I count 66 active players with a chance to make the roster. Add Barden and Koets on PUP and your at 68, trying to cut 15 guys to get down to 53.

QB (2)- Manning, Carr
RB (4)- Bradshaw, Jacobs, and 2 of the group of Ware, Scott and Brown. I think Ware is Coughlin favorite, I could honestly care less. I like Scott though and hope he sticks.
FB (1)- Hynoski
WR (6)- Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, Cruz, Jernigan, Thomas. I can't stand Reynauld. Worry about Barden if and when he's ever healthy. Cut Clayton. Still confused why they never brought back Hagan who had rapport with Eli.
CB (5)- Webster, Ross, 3 other CBs. With Witherspoon out now this position is even more thin.
K (1)- Lloyd. I would cut Tynes. Minimizing the special teams blow and having the big kickoff leg is huge.
P (1)- Weatherford. I know Dodge has punted well so far but can't make mistake again. Even though its pricier move its no brainer.

Thats 51 players with 3 on PUP- Barden, Koets and Amukamara so there is some wiggle room to carry others until those 3 are healthy.

Practice Squad- Not sure how many are on there but I'd like to see Perilloux, the RB who is cut, Sash, Jaquan Williams, another cut LB  

So are you a Giants fan?

QB (2)- Manning, Carr
FB (1)- Hynoski

So are you a Giants fan?

Wouldn't waste my time projecting a 53 man roster for a team I wasn't.

I went online yesterday to learn that the Giants best corner, promising nickel package corner Witherspoon, and young 2nd round pick Marvin Austin were out for the season. It put me in a pretty bad mood.

I wonder whether or not Reese will look into FA Lito Shepperd as an option. They are going to need to sign somebody, and Ross is going to have to step up big time.

I went online yesterday to learn that the Giants best corner, promising nickel package corner Witherspoon, and young 2nd round pick Marvin Austin were out for the season. It put me in a pretty bad mood.

I wonder whether or not Reese will look into FA Lito Shepperd as an option. They are going to need to sign somebody, and Ross is going to have to step up big time.

Sounds like Lito will happen.

Two years ago the Giants never turned the ball over, last year that is all they did. Watching the specials perform Monday, albeit in a preseason game, was encouraging. If the team comes somewhere in the middle in both those areas they still win 10 games, even with a brutal second half schedule.

Also, I think Mike Vick will not have as good a year. The league caught up to him after the Giants game.

Great points and I agree 100%. I think our players are good enough its just about execution and several times last year we did our best at handing the game to the other team. If we focus on not turning the ball over and making small improvements then I think we can be very good

Back