NY Giants

SJUFAN2

R.I.P. Moderator
 My thoughts on the giants:

After many many years of watcZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I think the GMen will be fine the season hasn't even started yet I dont know why everyone is panicking  

As a Giants fan I agree with you.
As for the other Giants fans they are seeing the Eagles and over-reacting.
And the Dolphins fan who started this thread is trying to stir the pot. ;)

I think the GMen will be fine the season hasn't even started yet I dont know why everyone is panicking  

As a Giants fan I agree with you.
As for the other Giants fans they are seeing the Eagles and over-reacting.
And the Dolphins fan who started this thread is trying to stir the pot. ;)

Now being a Miami fan is a reason to panic :)

Not all at happy with Kevin Boss and Steve Smith gone - and say what you want - but Plaxico can catch that football.  Could have been head and shoulders above everyone else in that department.

Overall they really blew it in free agency. They let Boss go, let Steve Smith go to the Eagles, lost their DTackle Barry Cofield, Their first round pick Prince Amukamara broke his foot, and they released two of their longtime starting Olineman in Seubert and O' Hara. And after all that, they didn't really add much.

One of the worst offseasons i can remember as a giants fan. Having said that, I still think they have a solid overall team, but to think they can do much better than match last years 10-6 record is a stretch. Philly will probably win the division easily. They have a stacked team.

I think people are underestimating the impact of David Baas...He was the best lineman on the 49ers and a very good young center...I liked O'Hara but he was breaking down and wasn't the player that he used to be...He was clearly the weakest link on the O-line last year...I think that is a nice upgrade there

The staff really likes William Beatty and he has played well when called upon...He was a 2nd round pick and now is his time...I love what O-line coach Pat Flaherty does and he will have Beatty ready 

I think we are fine at WR....Nicks is the man and Mario is a good #2....Hixon, Cruz and Jernigan are battling for the #3 spot with good depth...Hixon has looked good in camp

I am concerned about TE...I wouldn't have given Boss $4 mil a year...Al Davis is crazy and always hands out ridiculous contracts...I couldn't believe the deal he gave to Michael Huff at 4 years and 32 mil....I still remember that deal that Al Davis gave Gibril Wilson

Beckum just hasn't taken off yet and I'm not sold on Ballard or Pascoe at TE...Hopefully a decent TE or 2 will be cut when the rosters are trimmed down to 53 and the GMen can get one then

Really agree about the ends and TEs do seem to pop up pretty often. Boss wasn't a fave for me. I think the running game looks a bit stale though. Jacobs is about 75% mouth and Bradshaw seems to have lost a step due to injuries and/or overexposure. Don't know why they don't use Jacobs more as a receiver because he doesn't really like to bang on the ground. I love Pierre-Paul and having Osi back makes a big difference. Eli's got a ring and you can't take that away but Rosenfels looks pretty decent. Carr's not bad either. I'd still like to see a Shonn Greene type pushing the backfield. I'm also surprised to see Coughlin put up with Tynes as long as he has. 

Agreed^^ TE is the only position i'm really worried about but i'm glad we didn't match Oakland for Boss I always thought he was overrated. Losing Steve Smith hurts a bit especially to Philly but as long as we play our game and cut down on the mistakes from last year we should be good to go. Remember, Reese usually brings in good draft classes so maybe their will be a few gems this year

Really agree about the ends and TEs do seem to pop up pretty often. Boss wasn't a fave for me. I think the running game looks a bit stale though. Jacobs is about 75% mouth and Bradshaw seems to have lost a step due to injuries and/or overexposure. Don't know why they don't use Jacobs more as a receiver because he doesn't really like to bang on the ground. I love Pierre-Paul and having Osi back makes a big difference. Eli's got a ring and you can't take that away but Rosenfels looks pretty decent. Carr's not bad either. I'd still like to see a Shonn Greene type pushing the backfield. I'm also surprised to see Coughlin put up with Tynes as long as he has. 

I'm sorry but did you just mention Rosenfels and Carr when discussing the Giants? If those two are seeing time the other moves mean nothing and the Giants are f'ed big time.

Special Teams scare the crap out of me though. We have been horrible in that department for years. Every kickoff the other team gets to the 35-40 and we get to the 20-25. How has our special teams coach kept his job? 

Yeah, our specials suck and have sucked for a while now...At least Larry Izzo was brought in as an assistant coach to help out,,,Maybe he'll eventually get Quinn's job

Yeah, our specials suck and have sucked for a while now...At least Larry Izzo was brought in as an assistant coach to help out,,,Maybe he'll eventually get Quinn's job

The new special teams rules on kickoffs plus bringing in Rhys Llyod for kickoff duties will probably fix kick return issues.

As for punts....... :(

The new special teams rules on kickoffs plus bringing in Rhys Llyod for kickoff duties will probably fix kick return issues.

Yeah, the new rules will help...I don't think they are going to carry 2 kickers all year long though...Llyod was brought in because of Tynes injury but he should be fine for the regular season

I really like Weatherford instead of Dodge...Let's just hope that the coverage for his punts gets better

Yeah, the new rules will help...I don't think they are going to carry 2 kickers all year long though...Llyod was brought in because of Tynes injury but he should be fine for the regular season

I really like Weatherford instead of Dodge...Let's just hope that the coverage for his punts gets better

I wouldnt be shocked if they carry 2 kickers. We kicked the idea around a lot the past few years. Hopefully Izzo helps with return coverage and also getting Hixon back on kicks and punts might open up some holes. Not sold on Jernigan.

I wouldnt be shocked if they carry 2 kickers. We kicked the idea around a lot the past few years. Hopefully Izzo helps with return coverage and also getting Hixon back on kicks and punts might open up some holes. Not sold on Jernigan.

I would be surprised...Coughlin is pretty anal about roster spots...So much so that he will only carry 2 Qbs instead of the usual 3...If Lloyd is really that big of an improvement on kickoffs then I guess he will consider it

Supposedly Reynaud has looked very good thus far in camp

I would be surprised...Coughlin is pretty anal about roster spots...So much so that he will only carry 2 Qbs instead of the usual 3...If Lloyd is really that big of an improvement on kickoffs then I guess he will consider it

Supposedly Reynaud has looked very good thus far in camp

Reynauld is a clutz. He runs directly into blocks. I'd hate it if he is on the roster.

Although its only pre season, we looked very good tonight, only thing that still looks a bit off is the chemistry between Eli and his receivers. Unfortunate about Terrell Thomas :(  

With Steve Smith an Eagle and T2 now out for the year my USC representation on the Big Blue is non-existent. At least the Jets have Sanchez, McKnight and Turner. 

Back