NY Daily News St. John's hands WVa loss

What do you think Huggins means by this? Is it a compliment or an insult:

'West Virginia coach Bob Huggins was asked about the Storm starting five freshmen. “In 1992 I saw the Fab Five and I didn’t like that much,” he said, referring to the Michigan team that downed his Cincinnati squad in the national semifinals. “I didn’t like this much more. They are talented guys.” ' 

'West Virginia coach Bob Huggins was asked about the Storm starting five freshmen. “In 1992 I saw the Fab Five and I didn’t like that much,” he said, referring to the Michigan team that downed his Cincinnati squad in the national semifinals. “I didn’t like this much more. They are talented guys.” ' 

A compliment. Obviously we're not as good as the Fab 5, but we took WVU to the woodshed yesterday with 5 freshmen. Huggins doesn't pull punches with his team and he won't throw out gratuitous insults at a team that just beat his. Anybody who watches these kids can see this is a special core of players. Guys like Garrett come in mid-season and is able to come in, shave in a Mohawk and nearly double-double. It's a testament to these kids and coaching. It won't be measured in wins and losses this season, but we're getting better and will be awfully good for the foreseeable future.

I'll bet you'll see the whole team sporting Mohawks by next game. Dunlap will look a little funny, though! 

Amir, Sir'Dom and Harrison all had Mohawks in hs at some point. I think they look good actually. Amir's game changed with the Mohawk. Hope he keeps it.

Amir, Sir'Dom and Harrison all had Mohawks in hs at some point. I think they look good actually. Amir's game changed with the Mohawk. Hope he keeps it.

Actually your child looks the best in a Mohawk. Does he have a decent handle yet? He would fit right in. ;) :cheer: 

A compliment. Obviously we're not as good as the Fab 5, but we took WVU to the woodshed yesterday with 5 freshmen. Huggins doesn't pull punches with his team and he won't throw out gratuitous insults at a team that just beat his. Anybody who watches these kids can see this is a special core of players. Guys like Garrett come in mid-season and is able .come in, shave in a Mohawk and nearly double-double. It's a testament to these kids and coaching. It won't be measured in wins and losses this season, but we're getting better and will be awfully good for the foreseeable future.

Very True. What was great I really enjoyed watching.the game. Not just because they won but the energy.they projected on both the defensive and offensive end Also keeping in check their fouls The one 2 2 zone was working It is nice to see they are improving. Giving them a break now and than was helpful Nice job. by Dunlap

Hope we play well against DUKE

I'll bet you'll see the whole team sporting Mohawks by next game. Dunlap will look a little funny, though! 

Not Moe. He seems like a conservative dude.

Moe actually said "no way" when they asked him to get a mohawk....he also said in the past that he wont get tatted up either... He does seem quiet, reserved and as you stated, conservative

Not Moe. He seems like a conservative dude.

Moe actually said "no way" when they asked him to get a mohawk....he also said in the past that he wont get tatted up either... He does seem quiet, reserved and as you stated, conservative

Gotta love this kid! He is a vintage throwback to the years before every player starting looking like a drunken sailor getting a tattoo in every port. LOL!
Looie cannot sing his praises enough.
I see my favorite player Malik Sealy in him. Cool, lanky and super talented.
You will never see Moe changing his name to Metta World anything in the future.

A compliment. Obviously we're not as good as the Fab 5, but we took WVU to the woodshed yesterday with 5 freshmen. Huggins doesn't pull punches with his team and he won't throw out gratuitous insults at a team that just beat his. Anybody who watches these kids can see this is a special core of players. Guys like Garrett come in mid-season and is able .come in, shave in a Mohawk and nearly double-double. It's a testament to these kids and coaching. It won't be measured in wins and losses this season, but we're getting better and will be awfully good for the foreseeable future.

Very True. What was great I really enjoyed watching.the game. Not just because they won but the energy.they projected on both the defensive and offensive end Also keeping in check their fouls The one 2 2 zone was working It is nice to see they are improving. Giving them a break now and than was helpful Nice job. by Dunlap

Hope we play well against DUKE

This was our best defensive game thus far, excellent help inside. Got a little tired underneath the basket at the end of the game. Jones took advantage. Great improvement!

I think the student section should all get those fake Mohawks and wear them at the games!!! 

The original Fab5 had the baggy shorts and black socks that changed the basketball world.

Maybe the mohawk will be our Fab5's mark on basketball.

Come on Mo, do the right thing!

The original Fab5 had the baggy shorts and black socks that changed the basketball world.

I love it.

if he gets one we should call it the MoeHawk! Just so as not to offend the native Americans.

Back