Norm Roberts to coach today

Not a Kansas fan at all, but wish Coach Self the best and congrats to Norm. Have them losing to UCONN though.

Yeah would of been nice for norm but hey he finally coached a tourney game and won more then what we can say for Anderson

I felt badly for Norm when Kansas blew a 12 point second half lead to lose by 1 to Arkansas.
Big contrast in coaching styles
Musselman was working the sidelines like a madman down the stretch while Norm was calm, chill and serene throughout

No one is going to dusk off the old chestnut ‘if I was Self/Roberts I’d have our guard shoot 100 Fts at practice every day until they can do better than 3 for 7’?

In my opinion , Notm did not lose the game to Arkansas with his Coaching . Several of these Tourney games come to down the wire with scoring on the last possession or next to last , the deciding factor . It seems the prevailing strategy for most Coaches when down 3 is to drive to the hoop and get the basket and get fouled for the traditional 3 point play . The thing is you may not make the basket , get the foul call and just the 2 shots . It leaves you no chance of getting the game to OT. Better to hoist up a good look 3 and hope for the best or a rebound . Plus , the 3 shooter might get fouled too. Anyway, I’m not a Coach .,

In my opinion , Notm did not lose the game to Arkansas with his Coaching . Several of these Tourney games come to down the wire with scoring on the last possession or next to last , the deciding factor . It seems the prevailing strategy for most Coaches when down 3 is to drive to the hoop and get the basket and get fouled for the traditional 3 point play . The thing is you may not make the basket , get the foul call and just the 2 shots . It leaves you no chance of getting the game to OT. Better to hoist up a good look 3 and hope for the best or a rebound . Plus , the 3 shooter might get fouled too. Anyway, I’m not a Coach .,
Norm couldn't shoot the free throws they missed for them.

I felt badly for Norm when Kansas blew a 12 point second half lead to lose by 1 to Arkansas.
Big contrast in coaching styles
Musselman was working the sidelines like a madman down the stretch while Norm was calm, chill and serene throughout
Not "like" a madman, he is insane. Running around with his shirt off, screaming "pig sooey." He won at Nevada, too, but wasn't quite so expressive. The guy does know how to win, and they love him in Arkansas.

Back