New Assistant

Per Marcus Henry of Newsday:
St. John's WBB is set to announce its hiring of former Dowling WBB coach Joe Pellicane as an assistant. Nice hire.
Pellicane, a really good guy, led the Dowling women to a 30-4 record and the D-II national title game. @STJ_WBasketball

St. John's WBB is set to announce its hiring of former Dowling WBB coach Joe Pellicane as an assistant. Nice hire.
Pellicane, a really good guy, led the Dowling women to a 30-4 record and the D-II national title game. @STJ_WBasketball

Joe has a wealth of experience coaching both men and women (as noted in the attachment) and should be an excellent addition to the staff
Who is he replacing?

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/061713aaa.html

Joe has a wealth of experience coaching both men and women (as noted in the attachment) and should be an excellent addition to the staff
Who is he replacing?

Mark Joe is replacing Angel Elderkin who went to LSU. Coach Joey T knew that there were 2 jobs that Angel could potentially leave for, being Tennessee and LSU and when LSU came calling Angel answered but was immediately replaced by Coach Pellicane.
In Coach Pellicane Joey T has the equivalent of Coach Mike Dunlap beside him so I feel, as does he, that we are in very good shape going forward with the coaching staff. I believe we now have two excellent tacticians and three excellent recruiters on staff ( Coach Joey T being both an excellent tactician and recruiter ). A very good combo amongst the staff. Almost all of the staff is local and should have no desire to want to leave the area. The future continues to look bright for the women who now need a few of their top recruiting targets to pull the trigger for 2014. We already have one excellent commit in the top 60 pg out of Philly and now we need a big or two out of New Jersey ( hint hint :p ) to sign on the dotted line. Hopefully that will happen very soon.

Who is he replacing?

Mark Joe is replacing Angel Elderkin who went to LSU. Coach Joey T knew that there were 2 jobs that Angel could potentially leave for, being Tennessee and LSU and when LSU came calling Angel answered but was immediately replaced by Coach Pellicane.
In Coach Pellicane Joey T has the equivalent of Coach Mike Dunlap beside him so I feel, as does he, that we are in very good shape going forward with the coaching staff. I believe we now have two excellent tacticians and three excellent recruiters on staff ( Coach Joey T being both an excellent tactician and recruiter ). A very good combo amongst the staff. Almost all of the staff is local and should have no desire to want to leave the area. The future continues to look bright for the women who now need a few of their top recruiting targets to pull the trigger for 2014. We already have one excellent commit in the top 60 pg out of Philly and now we need a big or two out of New Jersey ( hint hint :p ) to sign on the dotted line. Hopefully that will happen very soon.

Thanks for the update, Aubie
Pellicane will be an excellent addition to the staff
But, you've whet my appetite with the "hint, hint" about the big coming out of New Jersey
Will we likely to be hearing good news soon?

Who is he replacing?

Thanks for the update, Aubie
Pellicane will be an excellent addition to the staff
But, you've whet my appetite with the "hint, hint" about the big coming out of New Jersey
Will we likely to be hearing good news soon?

If you follow hoopgurlz like i do you will know that there are a few big girls in Jersey who are very highly ranked and who play at schools that we have a good relationship with. We are involved with all of of them and are hoping one or more will pull the trigger soon, though there are no guarantees. The staff is waiting, all they can do at this point in time.

Back