Mike Repole Piece

Pletcher has never won a Preakness Stakes some of that due to what Ghostzapper said.

Pletcher likes to rest horses.

if he trained Citation I don’t think he would have ran him in Jersey Stakes after Preakness and before he was running in Belmont Stakes with chance to win Triple Crown

Different world today and like everything else in sports all money driven in 2024.
After yesterdays performance, Fierceness should be well rested for the Preakness.

Pletcher has never won a Preakness Stakes some of that due to what Ghostzapper said.

Pletcher likes to rest horses.

if he trained Citation I don’t think he would have ran him in Jersey Stakes after Preakness and before he was running in Belmont Stakes with chance to win Triple Crown

Different world today and like everything else in sports all money driven in 2024.
The way Fierceness ran today , a long rest might not be the problem . I didn’t look at early fractions but, didn’t think he was done in by a fast pace . He never did shake the 2 horses who ran early with him but , he had nothing left in the Tank at the top of the stretch

The horses who had closing grit were all right there at the finish . What a photo it was

Derby Fields have always been too large saddling 20 horses is ridiculous .

12 at most should be the Rule.

Jersey Derby might be a better race for Fierceness . A lot of the top tier horses that go in the Preakness don’t race in it .

Repole lost Millions today in potential Stud fees with Fierceness dismal performance .

Have we gone from “ whatever it takes to whatever went wrong ?”

The way Fierceness ran today , a long rest might not be the problem . I didn’t look at early fractions but, didn’t think he was done in by a fast pace . He never did shake the 2 horses who ran early with him but , he had nothing left in the Tank at the top of the stretch

The horses who had closing grit were all right there at the finish . What a photo it was

Derby Fields have always been too large saddling 20 horses is ridiculous .

12 at most should be the Rule.

Jersey Derby might be a better race for Fierceness . A lot of the top tier horses that go in the Preakness don’t race in it .

Repole lost Millions today in potential Stud fees with Fierceness dismal performance .

Have we gone from “ whatever it takes to whatever went wrong ?”
Repole sold his two drink companies for over 8 billion dollars.
(A billion dollars is a pile of money with 1,000 stacks of a million dollars in it.
He has 8 stacks of those.)

He doesn’t need any purse from a horse race or stud fee for a stallion to do whatever the hell he wants to do for the rest of his life.

(A billion dollars is a pile of money with 1,000 stacks of a million dollars in it.

He doesn’t need any purse from a horse race or stud fee for a stallion to do whatever the hell he wants to do for the rest of his life.
Companies sold that much. He did not have 100% share in either. Still, he did incredibly well.

Nor do his great grandchildren, even with his present net worth at $1.6 billion.

I am sure Fierceness will not run in the Preakness. Pletcher hates running in that race because he does not believe in running horses back in two weeks. He likes to space their races out.
Agree that Fierceness will not run in the Preakness. Seems that he didn't get hit out of the gate but he didn't stride right (Johny V. said he "hopped" out of the gate. Sierra Leone and others are also out of the Preakness. Looks like it will be two Baffert horses and some G3 stakes winners. Big horses aiming for the Belmont at Saratoga.

I think he had partners.

Back