mike cragg

That gets you an invite to the NCAA Regionals (64 teams) and you must win that to get to the Super Regionals (16 Teams). Win your Super Regional and you’re one of the eight teams to go to the College World Series.

The last Northeast team to make it to the CWS was Stony Brook in 2012. We were knocked out in the Super Regionals that year by eventual National Champions Arizona (swept us 2 games to none).

The last Northeast team to win the CWS was Holy Cross in the early 1950’s.
Missed this post. I made a similar one below.

Very sad to see Mike go. Class act! I'd love to see us look upstate and to Binghamton University for our next Athletic Director. Gene Marshall has had a great deal of success since he took over. He is a Basketball guy which Pitino would love and he also understands the NY metro area. He was the AD at Iona when Cluess was the head coach and had extreme success. Bottom line he has had success wherever he has been. Let's get him to Queens!
I went to Binghamton and have a pretty good knowledge of their athletic department. Gene Marshall is a very good person but not someone who is going to move the needle at St. John's. I hope he stays at Binghamton and will probably retire in a few years.

Binghamton has a 60 million dollar baseball stadium and much better facilities then St. John's.

Kull makes the most sense , for various reasons. He has AD experience , was a former college athlete, SJU alum of the graduate school and worked at the school in various roles, worked under and has a great relationship with Mike Repole. Diffley great guy older but has never run an athletic program.

He is a Middle Village Guy , stanner and gets this job.Unless Rick Pitino can coax Tom Jurich out of retirement,( he’s been on the sideline 7 years)Kull is the best. Candidate.

Another easy example of what we could be doing.

Have you been to a Pitino practice? His attention to detail is superb. He is mic'd up, but stands near halfcourt high in the lower bleachers, and doesn't miss a thing. He does shut up more than Pope, which may come as a surprise, but in a very good way. He catches bad picks, cuts without energy, blown searches, etc etc etc. Pitino is good enough to win a championship at Kentucky. Oh wait.. 😀

Back