LIverpool vs Man City for 1st Place

The "someone" who said the Bundesliga is competitive was being sarcastic. Winning 10 in a row is a monopoly.

Now not only will Man C and L'pool fight it out for the EPL, 'tis likely they will meet in the CL Final. Although I wouldn't bet against Benzema... he has been en fuego.

Everton to be relegated? I remember when they won the League with Southall, Reid, Sheedy, Watson, Sharp, etc. A very good team that won plenty. Top flight team for ~ 70 yrs. Bad ownership / management has ruined the club.

The "someone" who said the Bundesliga is competitive was being sarcastic. Winning 10 in a row is a monopoly.

Now not only will Man C and L'pool fight it out for the EPL, 'tis likely they will meet in the CL Final. Although I wouldn't bet against Benzema... he has been en fuego.

Everton to be relegated? I remember when they won the League with Southall, Reid, Sheedy, Watson, Sharp, etc. A very good team that won plenty. Top flight team for ~ 70 yrs. Bad ownership / management has ruined the club.
LIverpool 2-0 over Villareal. Man City and Pool have leads going into Spain for second games of Semis. Agree on Benzema. It will be tough to keep leads on the road

Well you could have spoken up sooner and saved us all, meaning me, some time. :ROFLMAO: But clearly Section 9 has a bee in his bonnet about high spending EPL teams and the short lived Super League so we probably still would have proceeded as we did.

Where's OhioFan? He defends all things Deutschland!

Dodgers part owner Todd Boehly has emerged as front runner to buy Chelsea from Abramovich. Price: $3B USD, a record for a sports team.

Purportedly, majority of the proceeds will go to a foundation that will help the war victims in Ukraine.

Incredible finish to Man City/Real Madrid in 2nd leg of semi's of Champion's League. Man City went into game up one in aggregate score and scored in 73rd minute. Real scored 2 goals in extra time to tie aggregate goals and the Benzema scored winner in O/T.

Final Game will be Liverpool vs. Real Madrid.

And by holding L'pool to 1-1, Spurs gave the initiative to City. Big NLD Thursday night, 4th place trophy!

And by holding L'pool to 1-1, Spurs gave the initiative to City. Big NLD Thursday night, 4th place trophy!

Arsenal takes cares of Leeds which means the NLD win, lose or draw Arsenal will still leave in 4th place. A win for the Gunners will seal 4th.

Typical Spurs. We get 8 out of 12 vs City/Pool and still possibly won’t qualify for CL. The two losses to a mediocre MU screw them and sprinkle in the occasional bottle against the likes of Burnley and Southampton.

If Levy and Lewis weren’t so cheap, we would have Conte since week 1 and we’re in third right now, I strongly believe that. Instead, we’ll be playing Europa League with Potter as the manager. They didn’t support Poch or Mourinho so why would they start now? They have all this revenue coming in from boxing and the NFL, winning is clearly not their primary goal.

Big win for City yesterday after devastating loss at Real in Madrid last Wednesday. Scoring 2 goals in extra time was big in goal differential totoals. Now 3 up on Liverpool (+4 in goals) with 3 matches left in EPL.

City wins again--5-1 with De Bruyne scoring 4 goals. He is probably POY in EPL.

For Arsenal/Spurs fans, USA network is carrying the game live tomorrow at about 2PM.

The mistake was putting Holding on Son. Should have been Tomiyasu. All to play for!
I agree. And, if White is fit, he should have started. Tomiyasu and White are a formidable back 2. If White isn’t fit, he shouldn’t be warming up. Period.

I know the advantage is still in your hands. But, Arteta is a Gooner through and through. Why not knock out your biggest rivals on their pitch?

So let me get this straight. Bayern, who has 13 players making over 10 mill Euro (vs 4 for city), and a payroll 60 million Euro more than City, and is already paying Lewandoski 6 million Euro more than KDB (Man City's highest paid player) is suddenly pleading poverty. That's very funny.

But to bring it back the original discussion was someone claiming the Bundesliga was highly competitive. And it really isn't nearly as much so as others.
Read today that Lewandoski wants out

coming up this Sunday is final games of EPL with all teams commencing games at 11AM East Coast Time. Alot of things happening including City with 1 point lead over Liverpool. Gunners (with Big loss to Newcastle yesterday) let Spurs in 4th place by 2 points (goal differential to Spurs). Chelsea is in top four thanks to Gunners loss yesterday. Relegation is also up for grabs. Everton with 2 games left is 1 point out of bottom 4 while Burley also has 2 games left and is 2 points behind Everton. The games will be broadcast on NBC, USA, et. al.

CITY wins EPL. HUGE comeback. Down 2-0 in the 76th minute, City scores 3 goals in 6 minutes. Beat Liverpool by 1 point in standings. The City fans were out of it as Liverpool was tied with the Wolvers, enough to win EPL but once City scored first there was hope and Eithad came alive. Love this day in EPL as many stories impacting many teams. Great coverage by NBC and its affiliated networks to cover all games.

That was an exciting final day and final 15 minutes. Liverpool fans must have been ecstatic when Villa were winning 2-0 but City turned it around when needed. Reds fans have the CL Final this weekend but I would not bet against Real Madrid (despite being snubbed by Mbappe). Next season will be interesting with City finally having an out & out striker, Man U can only improve, Chelsea have new owners, Newcastle have all kinds of money and so on...

Congrats to Spurs :( Arsenal need a striker or two and back-ups for several positions. Silly season will be fun.

Back