Lavin on Van Pelt Show @ 3:15

I'm the biggest Lavin supporter of anyone. But there comes a point when you need to show the 2012 kids on board. Right now hearing these things and having to read Jason Smith wax poetic about Prov, Obekpa visit other schools (who are worse off or facing sanctions) and our only recent visit being Felix Balamou wears on you. Its great the interviews are in other markets outside of NY and even National. I'm sure we can text a recruit the link or something and they can listen themselves or something.

I think this is the final push and something is around the corner. Not off inside info just a gut that this is the final piece to the puzzle. For those who don't realize this whole recruiting thing is so orchestrated in so many ways. It's like directing a movie the way it all unfolds.

Moose doesn't it make you wonder why this wasn't done earlier though? I agree with you that something is around the corner, Lavin is too good a recruiter, he'll sign a decent class. But if the air was cleared like this two months ago there would be a handful of key prospects still in play possibly.

Would think with NFL playoffs the airwaves were tougher to get on than now.

Fair point.

Also I've been thinking about it and I don't remember when he got his last medical update and found out that "the blood work came back 100% cancer free", and it was just a matter of recovery time. I don't know why i thought it was around the Duke game; didn't Dickie V mention it or retweet about it?

Regardless, I'm just guessing here because I want to give Lavin the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he couldn't definitively say he'd be back %100 until he knew for sure there'd be no follow up procedures and that they got it all etc etc. Maybe that's why he had been saying "I'll be back on the sidelines eventually", without being definitive about next year. Just a guess. Because I still find it strange he couldn't have ended all the rumors two months ago, but didn't.

I'm the biggest Lavin supporter of anyone. But there comes a point when you need to show the 2012 kids on board. Right now hearing these things and having to read Jason Smith wax poetic about Prov, Obekpa visit other schools (who are worse off or facing sanctions) and our only recent visit being Felix Balamou wears on you. Its great the interviews are in other markets outside of NY and even National. I'm sure we can text a recruit the link or something and they can listen themselves or something.

I think this is the final push and something is around the corner. Not off inside info just a gut that this is the final piece to the puzzle. For those who don't realize this whole recruiting thing is so orchestrated in so many ways. It's like directing a movie the way it all unfolds.

Moose doesn't it make you wonder why this wasn't done earlier though? I agree with you that something is around the corner, Lavin is too good a recruiter, he'll sign a decent class. But if the air was cleared like this two months ago there would be a handful of key prospects still in play possibly.

Would think with NFL playoffs the airwaves were tougher to get on than now.

Fair point.

Also I've been thinking about it and I don't remember when he got his last medical update and found out that "the blood work came back 100% cancer free", and it was just a matter of recovery time. I don't know why i thought it was around the Duke game; didn't Dickie V mention it or retweet about it?

Regardless, I'm just guessing here because I want to give Lavin the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he couldn't definitively say he'd be back %100 until he knew for sure there'd be no follow up procedures and that they got it all etc etc. Maybe that's why he had been saying "I'll be back on the sidelines eventually", without being definitive about next year. Just a guess. Because I still find it strange he couldn't have ended all the rumors two months ago, but didn't.

As you alluded to, possibly because he couldn't honestly do that. Personally, I find it comical to think he would get back into coaching after 7 years away and then not coach for any other reason than he absolutely could not physically do it; I understand many of the "doctors" on the board disagree but this is something that just needs to be looked at from a common sense point of view, not the emotion of fanaticism. And I believe that the team understands perfectly why he cannot be on the sideline until next season. As for how it affects recruiting, it is what it is.

Count me in as another guy who is tired of hearing all this optimism from the head coach.

Better to wallow here on redmen.com where we keep it real instead of listening to the guy who can actually make a difference.

Count me in as another guy who is tired of hearing all this optimism from the head coach.

Better to wallow here on redmen.com where we keep it real instead of listening to the guy who can actually make a difference.

What do you want him to do, say negative things?

You haven't been around long enough to pick up on MainMan's sarcastic snippet?. He was golden in the late Roberts years.

You haven't been around long enough to pick up on MainMan's sarcastic snippet?. He was golden in the late Roberts years.

Gotcha

There is a saying:"there is no such thing as negative publicity", go on everything Steve.

I just think the "hammer to the rock", and analogies to other sports sound lame after a few listens. If I wasn't a fan I'd be making fun of that schtick. 

Back