Lavin on Van Pelt Show @ 3:15

At first, everyone loved Lavin's magnetic personality and media savvy. Now, it seems that people are upset with his tv and radio appearances. At least people around the country, including potential recruits, are paying attention to us again. If he can't coach right now, I have no problem with the PR that Lavin is generating for us while he's out.

The next best thing to do (aside from coming back to the bench) to keep our name out there and reassure recruits that he will be at the helm next year.

At first, everyone loved Lavin's magnetic personality and media savvy. Now, it seems that people are upset with his tv and radio appearances. At least people around the country, including potential recruits, are paying attention to us again. If he can't coach right now, I have no problem with the PR that Lavin is generating for us while he's out.

Who said upset?
If anything I'm tired of hearing the same stuff over and over again. Its great to have a coach that is in the media so freuquently as opposed to Norm who was scared of the camera or mic it seems.
There are just only so many cliches I can take.

Have to agree with Moose, love Lavin, but he can be a bit much at times.

Who said upset?
If anything I'm tired of hearing the same stuff over and over again. Its great to have a coach that is in the media so freuquently as opposed to Norm who was scared of the camera or mic it seems.
There are just only so many cliches I can take.

Moose; Simple Red et al.

We are so fortunate to have Steve Lavin and progress with all aspects of our program; we have no cause to question his strategy and style; he has already in a few short year(s) brought an upgrade to the style of the team, the recruits, the media exposure, the $$$ into the coffers, let's see, assembling a great staff.

As I said on another post, some here will complain if and when we win a national title - we were lucky and won despite Lavin, the competition was thin, we're take a drop in the following year...

I'm in Aruba and the steady heat from the sun has perhaps cooked my brains and my ideas herein. But I thought somehow these comments relate to yours.

Who could have done and be doing better with all the "stuff" inherited by the Jarvis/Roberts years??

all the best.

I'm not upset in the least that Lavin is out there doing all these media appearances. I agree with Moose, that at times the canned sound bites get to be a little much, but that's only because we tune in every time coach speaks; the average listener/viewer doesn't see every interview he does. But all in all I'll never complain about having a media savy coach, Lavin's skills in front of the mike have benefited this program enormously already.

What worries me is the fact Lavin feels he needs to do damage control this late in the game...
Coach taking interviews will never be a problem for me. The reason he's doing it now is what should concern us. 

Coach on Scott Van Pelt Radio show @ 3:15, show is also on ESPNews.

For those that missed it, anything new or enlightening? Are we down to 1-2 recruits or 2-3 or 3 good but non of the recruits we started recruiting in October but just a coupple of late recruits. Just kidding.

The more on tv or radio the better. Each time it's a different audience so I personally don't care if he's saying the same thing over and over.

It's only the fanatics like us all on these boards who listen to every interview or soundbite. lol 

The more on tv or radio the better. Each time it's a different audience so I personally don't care if he's saying the same thing over and over.

It's only the fanatics like us all on these boards who listen to every interview or soundbite. lol 

Bingo. It's like people who over analyze tweets and try to read things into them. It seems like we're like a CIA listening station that monitors everything that's said or written and then goes crazy trying to interpret it.

None of us should be upset by this. Its Good for the program. As long as he continues to make strides to get 100% healthy to coach & is working hard on the recruiting end, this is good publicity 

I'm the biggest Lavin supporter of anyone. But there comes a point when you need to show the 2012 kids on board. Right now hearing these things and having to read Jason Smith wax poetic about Prov, Obekpa visit other schools (who are worse off or facing sanctions) and our only recent visit being Felix Balamou wears on you. Its great the interviews are in other markets outside of NY and even National. I'm sure we can text a recruit the link or something and they can listen themselves or something.

I think this is the final push and something is around the corner. Not off inside info just a gut that this is the final piece to the puzzle. For those who don't realize this whole recruiting thing is so orchestrated in so many ways. It's like directing a movie the way it all unfolds.

And the PR train continues.......

Cannot be any worse PR than Malik Stith being named a "student manager"! Anyone know what he is managing ??
There has been a lot of negative PR to overcome this year. Being 4 players down this year alone due to 2 being deemed not college ready and two who left mid-season coupled with the coach's absence has made it very easy to recruit against us. Add the Gathers and Woods fiascos and we are ripe for negative recruiting.
Hopefully the coaches get rewarded with a couple of verbals soon.

I'm the biggest Lavin supporter of anyone. But there comes a point when you need to show the 2012 kids on board. Right now hearing these things and having to read Jason Smith wax poetic about Prov, Obekpa visit other schools (who are worse off or facing sanctions) and our only recent visit being Felix Balamou wears on you. Its great the interviews are in other markets outside of NY and even National. I'm sure we can text a recruit the link or something and they can listen themselves or something.

I think this is the final push and something is around the corner. Not off inside info just a gut that this is the final piece to the puzzle. For those who don't realize this whole recruiting thing is so orchestrated in so many ways. It's like directing a movie the way it all unfolds.

Moose doesn't it make you wonder why this wasn't done earlier though? I agree with you that something is around the corner, Lavin is too good a recruiter, he'll sign a decent class. But if the air was cleared like this two months ago there would be a handful of key prospects still in play possibly.

I suspect that, rather than Lavin feeling the need to go on a PR campaign, sports talk shows are reaching out to him for interviews. He is a "hot topic" and these shows are basicaly copycats. Others are interviewing Lavin, therefore, maybe I should as well.

Moose doesn't it make you wonder why this wasn't done earlier though? I agree with you that something is around the corner, Lavin is too good a recruiter, he'll sign a decent class. But if the air was cleared like this two months ago there would be a handful of key prospects still in play possibly.

Would think with NFL playoffs the airwaves were tougher to get on than now.

Back