Ladies Playing Depaul

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
Who is 20-9 going into this game.
I will start with my usual this is an absolute must win if we are to dance.
Having said that lets go ladies and win your 11th Big East game.

Ladies leading 10-7 with 14:19 left in the first, Shennika leading the way with 7 points in 5 minutes.
She has been on fire or ice cold as of late and we clearly need her to be on top of her game tonight, which if we lose may very well be her last game in CA, if we are to win.
Go ladies.

Ladies winning 27-20 at the half.
Shennika with 9 points and 5 boards.
Amber off the bench with 10 points and 11 boards. Nadirah and Aliyyah each with 3 points.
Those 2 must pick it up the second half and we need a good finish to our last regular season game.
As with the Villanova win last Wednesday this would be another big win over a team ranked ahead of us.
Go ladies.

34-24 with 16:14 left in the 2nd.
Briana who was scoreless in the 1st with 5 quick points in the 2nd.
Shennika with 13 to lead the ladies.

36-26 with 14:46 left.
To trade baskets these next 14 minutes is ok.
Go ladies.
At the half we had a 28-11 advantage on the boards, the sign of a hungry team.

47-33 with 9:47 left.
Shennika with 22 and Amber with 16 points and 14 boards. Could not have picked a better time for Amber to have her best game of the season.
Dare I say it again, go ladies.

53-40 with 7:02 left.

59-48 for the good girls with just under 4 minutes left.
Shennika with 24 and Amber with 18.
Do not take your foot off the gas ladies.

Up by 17 as we lead 67-50 with a minute thirty left.
Amber with 20 points and 16 boards.
Finish this one strong the committee is watching.

67-54 final as the ladies end the regular season with their most impressive win and against the highest ranked opponent.
Great win and a solid team effort.
Our record is 17-11 and 11-5 in the Big East.
We should be a high ranked seed in the tournament in Hartford this weekend.
A very solid finish winning 7 out of 8. NCAA tournament committee please take notice.
Congrats to the players and staff.

67-54 final as the ladies end the regular season with their most impressive win and against the highest ranked opponent.
Great win and a solid team effort.
Our record is 17-11 and 11-5 in the Big East.
We should be a high ranked seed in the tournament in Hartford this weekend.
A very solid finish winning 7 out of 8. NCAA tournament committee please take notice.
Congrats to the players and staff.
great job with the updates

No worse than a five-seed. A Cuse loss to Louisville guarantees fourth. A Lousiville lose to Cuse means a three-way tie for third with SJU, Cuse and Ville.

Women get the five-seed as Cuse beats Louisville for a three-way tie for third and SJU ends up with the short straw.

Will play the Seton Hall-Cincy winner at noon on Saturday. A win has them playing Louisville at noon on Sunday.

Women get the five-seed as Cuse beats Louisville for a three-way tie for third and SJU ends up with the short straw.

Will play the Seton Hall-Cincy winner at noon on Saturday. A win has them playing Louisville at noon on Sunday.

Both winnable games but as witnessed from our performance on Saturday evening we could also loose.
Seton Hall's coach has announced she will be leaving at the end of the season and her next loss is her last game coached for Seton Hall.
Who knows, her players could come out very inspired for the game.
We continue to control our destiny and I believe we need a win on Saturday to ensure we dance.

Clutch win for the women's team. One win in the BE Tournament should get them into the NCAA Tournament. I assume they would play their first game and possible their second game at home.

Great win against a team that traditionally gives us a lot of trouble
Amber Thompson really stepped it up
Smith played her usual outstanding game
Kudos to McKenith for gutting it out with a badly injured right arm
Good luck in the BE Tournament, ladies

The NCAA tournament committee has a penchant for intriguing match ups and I am certain we will see Michigan in the same bracket.
Poetic justice will be a win for the ladies.

Back