Ladies Beat PC on the Road

SJU61982

[quote="redmannorth" post=321201]Must continue this streak until the BE tournament.[/quote]

The game at Providence tomorrow is being shown on the YES Network, at 1pm.

Ladies up 43-37 after 3 quarters.
Looking good in the pink uniforms, maybe the guys should rock these on Tuesday.

Winning 60-53 with 6 seconds left. Huge road win to even their record at 12 all. First win over PCin last 4 attempts. Keep it going ladies.
60-57 final score.

Last edited:
I like to keep up with the women's teams results and do so by visiting this thread. I always know they must have won when there is activity on this thread. Long stretches of no activity means we must be losing games. Would be nice if those that do us this service would post results win or lose.

[quote="bamafan" post=321834]I like to keep up with the women's teams results and do so by visiting this thread. I always know they must have won when there is activity on this thread. Long stretches of no activity means we must be losing games. Would be nice if those that do us this service would post results win or lose.[/quote]

Well I would be the culprit then since I seem to carry the torch in the women’s forum. For whatever reason the ladies went into a tailspin after a few games and are having the most difficult season Joey T has ever had in his seven years as head coach at SJU. No one can figure out why other than a very short bench. So I find it difficult to report the negative especially when I know the staff is taking it so hard and are killing themselves on the recruiting trail. Not just the 3 assistants but Joey T too.
He has had a very tough time putting together a staff and every season has had to replace at least one member but they finally appear to be in a good position. Shenneika Smith replaced Da’shena Stevens last summer and I think she is super. She has been to Montreal twice in the past 5 months and has made a ton of head way with a bunch of recruits. They have been a player short in each of the last 3 classes and that problem has come home to roost this season. However they have a very good transfer from Mississippi State sitting out this year , and got 6 1 twins coming in in September along with a top 75 guard from SC. 3 weeks ago when Shenneika was up here they got a big girl transfer from LSU with 2.5 years left who should be very good and I am working hard on the last piece being a member of team Canada who plays at the same school as my son.
The future looks promising but just too bad this is a down year.
Will try to post more in the future.

Last edited:
Thank you very much redmennorth. Would just appreciate game results and don't mind if you keep it positive by providing a few stat leaders for us or the like. Recruiting seems really good and it's nice to hear we have such a hard working staff. Hope the ladies finish strong and glad the future looks bright.

Back