Ladies Beat Marquette

MarkRedman

Nice road win tonight, 67-61
Smith and McKennith had their usual fine performances
Amber Thompson really stepped up tonight and had an excellent game
With Louisville's loss to USF, we are only 1/2 game behind Louisville for 4th place and a double bye
Keep it going, ladies!!!

A little earlier this evening in Milwaukee, for a huge Big East win on the road.
Since the close game against CONNU we are 4-0 to go to 14-10 on the season and I believe 8-4 in the BE.
Shennika bounced back from a 9 point game to lead the team with 24 and 9 boards while Nadirah had 16 and 8 assists. Aliyyah who is clearly in the running for BE Freshman of the year had 4 points and 4 boards along with her 4 fouls. Clearly her worst game in a while, but I guess it had to happen.
While Marquette is not one of the better BE teams this was a much needed road win if we are to keep our NCAA Tournament dream alive. Well the ladies did it again so a good night for all ST. John's fans.

Really good chance they can win out. One loss might be OK. two plus the Big East Tourney is probably going to mean NIT

Really good chance they can win out. One loss might be OK. two plus the Big East Tourney is probably going to mean NIT

I don't know anything about women's basketball but would they be more inclined to push St. John's into the tournament because we are hosting the first round just to sell tickets?

It's really a shame. I believe they lost by 3 or less (one of them a half court prayer) or lost in OT 5 times this season. They really had terrible luck earlier. Hopefully they win out and maybe make the tourney.

I don't know anything about women's basketball but would they be more inclined to push St. John's into the tournament because we are hosting the first round just to sell tickets?

No, because they won't fit in the right seeding to go in that pod. It would take a lot for that to happen.

It's really a shame. I believe they lost by 3 or less (one of them a half court prayer) or lost in OT 5 times this season. They really had terrible luck earlier. Hopefully they win out and maybe make the tourney.

As of Monday, SJU was the fourth of the last four out. The Big East is projected to have six teams -- Uconn and ND as No. 1s, Louisville as a 4, Cuse as a 6, Nova as an 8 and DePaul as a 9

Rutgers is acutally ahead of SJU, of course there's no doubt that changes next week.

Eight of SJU's 10 losses are to tourney-projected Quinippiac, Duke, UCLA in OT, Delaware in OT, ND, Louisville, Cuse, UConn. Five of those losses are five points or less.

Then there is a loss to BU, which sounds bad but they are 22-4 and could be the America East champ and qualify.

Only the Texas loss could be to a non-tourney team,

Back