Ladies #3 Seed

First, good luck to your Oklahoma Sooners, except for when they play St. John's

The AD at St. John's has stepped up to help build the program...That's why the Ladies program has made such strides over the last several years and has become a consistent winner...As a result, the program has gotten more publicity and attendance is slowly increasing...That said, this is New York - there are a couple of more options here than in Norman, OK...This is a pro sports town first and teams like the Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, etc. get more publicity than the Women's program at St. John's...It's going to take several years of being a top ranked team for the Ladies program to really make a mark on NYC

Oklahoma has a good following and congrats on that but that is largely because there is nothing else there except for Oklahoma and Oklahoma St....They have built up a following over the years before the Oklahoma City Thunder got there and they seem to have great fans there...Comparing it to the St. John's Women's program in NYC is a little like comparing apples and oranges...I'm sure Coach KBA knows this and understands why but she can still be frustrated a bit by it and express that...It is what it is

NYMASE please tell me what the AD has done to help the women's program?
As far as I am concerned the improvement has been solely for 2 reasons.
1. KBA is a great coach who has put together a very good staff which gets better every year.
2. Dorms, has allowed parents who were previously fearful of sending their daughters to NY to do so.

Well he has helped them keep Coach KBA and pay her and her staff....He has helped promote the program and raise it's profile while putting money into the program...He's helped get the NCAA tournament to come to St. John's next year which is pretty big for St. John's women basketball...A lot of that is due to what Coach KBA has done and winning

But what else can he do to help? Perhaps I'm unaware of the fact that Monasch is not helping the program as
much as he should???

Do you know that he has helped keep her and the staff and pay her and them well?
You can't as that is just a false statement. She has lost staff to other programs who have offered much more money.
How has he helped raise the profile of the women's program?
A few years ago the staff took a visit to Hofstra, that in itself speaks volumes and should never happen.

As for the NCAA Tournament coming to SJU next year I would have to agree with you.

First, good luck to your Oklahoma Sooners, except for when they play St. John's

The AD at St. John's has stepped up to help build the program...That's why the Ladies program has made such strides over the last several years and has become a consistent winner...As a result, the program has gotten more publicity and attendance is slowly increasing...That said, this is New York - there are a couple of more options here than in Norman, OK...This is a pro sports town first and teams like the Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, etc. get more publicity than the Women's program at St. John's...It's going to take several years of being a top ranked team for the Ladies program to really make a mark on NYC

Oklahoma has a good following and congrats on that but that is largely because there is nothing else there except for Oklahoma and Oklahoma St....They have built up a following over the years before the Oklahoma City Thunder got there and they seem to have great fans there...Comparing it to the St. John's Women's program in NYC is a little like comparing apples and oranges...I'm sure Coach KBA knows this and understands why but she can still be frustrated a bit by it and express that...It is what it is

NYMASE please tell me what the AD has done to help the women's program?
As far as I am concerned the improvement has been solely for 2 reasons.
1. KBA is a great coach who has put together a very good staff which gets better every year.
2. Dorms, has allowed parents who were previously fearful of sending their daughters to NY to do so.

Well he has helped them keep Coach KBA and pay her and her staff....He has helped promote the program and raise it's profile while putting money into the program...He's helped get the NCAA tournament to come to St. John's next year which is pretty big for St. John's women basketball...A lot of that is due to what Coach KBA has done and winning

But what else can he do to help? Perhaps I'm unaware of the fact that Monasch is not helping the program as
much as he should???

Do you know that he has helped keep her and the staff and pay her and them well?
You can't as that is just a false statement. She has lost staff to other programs who have offered much more money.
How has he helped raise the profile of the women's program?
A few years ago the staff took a visit to Hofstra, that in itself speaks volumes and should never happen.

As for the NCAA Tournament coming to SJU next year I would have to agree with you.

Thanks for the info, redmannorth...Perhaps I have been giving Monasch credit when it's not due...I have seen more Women's basketball commercials and heard them on the radio since Monasch arrived in 2005...I'm not sure how much credit he should or should not get for that...They are regularly profiled on the Red Storm Report and I'm not sure if he gets credit for that or someone in marketing does...I just have noticed a rise in their profile over the last 5 years...Of course they have been consistently winning over that time so that certainly helps...I must be giving too much credit to Monasch...It's a real shame if Monasch wouldn't pony up for members of Coach KBA's staff...As far as I'm concerned, Coach KBA and her staff deserve a fat raise 

President's bracket on ESPN, He has the Ladies going to The Final Four and losing to Baylor. Is this good or the kiss of death? 

Back